Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Heat Pads??

Reaction score
Website
ibareitall.com
Just saw this in the store http://store.dji.com/product/tb47-battery-insulation-sticker

medium_tb47.jpg

The performance of your Inspire 1’s Intelligent Flight Battery is subject to environmental factors. Maintaining a suitable temperature (above 20˚C) ensures proper battery performance. Thus the insulation sticker is designed to keep the battery within the temperature range.

Ideal scenario is to apply the insulation sticker to the Intelligent Flight Battery when environmental temperatures are lower than 5˚C and remove the sticker when environmental temperatures exceed 5 ˚C.

I also see a battery heater? Is their something going with proper temp needed for these batteries?

the battery stickers came with the unit, and the battery heating dock came today on my door. It's for cold environments.

the battery stickers came with the unit, and the battery heating dock came today on my door. It's for cold environments.
It's too bad that the stickers don't ship with new batteries. It doesn't seem like they will last very long.

It's too bad that the stickers don't ship with new batteries. It doesn't seem like they will last very long.
I agree. Looks like you gotta put them on in winter time, then off in the summer time. Cost €2 a piece..no idea what my local dealer will take for them though.

Would be better with some kind of clips to attach them as it looks like the stickers is one time use (After you remove them).

I stuck some strong tape under one side of each of mine making a tab so I was able to peel them off and replace them a few times this winter. I just stuck them on some wax paper and stuck them back on the battery. I took them off for indoor flights. They are cheap so I will probably get a bunch of them but it beat buying them every time.

Yea I live in the Lake Tahoe, California area, lucky our winter is over, well we didnt have much of a winter this year anyhow but it was cold.. now slowly getting into summer/spring.. I may buy a pack or 2 but always something extra to buy ...

You can but self adhesive neoprene and cut it using your existing heat pads as a cutting template. There's a thread on this already

The battery heaters that DJI offers work well to keep a battery warm in cold conditions while in storage or prior to flight, but once the battery is installed in the craft and flown it needs some sort of protection to avoid cooling rapidly in cold ambient conditions. That where the pads (or a substitute insulation like self-adhesive neoprene) are effective in keeping the batteries warm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84