Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery LED 1 flashing

Reaction score
Just put my packs onto the hub to charge and found that one has the power button LED on and LED 1 flashing continuously, twice a second.

It's unresponsive as I can't seem to power it off.

Any ideas what might be wrong with it?

Last edited:
Hate to hear about your problem. If it is stuck in an on position, what I would do is let the pack discharge until it turns off and that should do a reset. The same as when doing a deep cycle. Interested to know what happens, if you need anything let me know.

Thanks,

Ralph
FlyHighUSA

Just put my packs onto the hub to charge and found that one has the power button LED on and LED 1 flashing continuously, twice a second.

It's unresponsive as I can't seem to power it off.

Any ideas what might be wrong with it?

I had this ten days ago. Charged up four batteries for a job and when I disconnected the last one (TB47 that came with Inspire - no issues until now) and then dabbed the on/off switch to check it was fully charged, LED1 and the power LED just kept flashing, couldn't do anything to turn them off. The battery finally discharged after about 3 days and the lights went out, now LED1 flashes 6 times then nothing when I dab the power switch, start to charge it or try to switch it on.

Of more concern the battery has now started to swell a little. Looks like it's dead but only 17 charges and 4 hours of flying. DJI are considering a warranty claim although it's 10 mths old. Fingers crossed.

I'd be interested to know if yours recovers as Ralph suggests or it goes the same way as mine.

Still waiting for it to stop flashing. It's the one which came with my inspire too.

Looks like I'll be chasing a warranty claim too as it's had less than 10 charges.

Still waiting for it to stop flashing. It's the one which came with my inspire too.

Looks like I'll be chasing a warranty claim too as it's had less than 10 charges.
That's unusual, do you mean led 4?because that would indicate that the charge temperature is to low. You could try disconnecting the balance plug for 60mins to try and reset but do this at your own risk

You could try disconnecting the balance plug for 60mins to try and reset but do this at your own risk[/QUOTE]
Balance plug?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To clarify, the green LED which was flashing was the one furthest away from the power button, which is LED1 according to my Inspire Manual.

As the pack was completely unresponsive, I had no option but to let it drain. I've just attempted to charge it again - connected directly to the charger - no hub, but nothing. I left it on for 20mins but didn't get any lights. looks like it's dead. :-(

I'm wondering whether the charge Hub can cause this to happen?

I'm not about to do any messing around with it. It's have very few charge cycles (probably less than 5 as I tend to use my higher capacity packs first) and 'should' be under warranty I hope.

I've contacted my reseller (OneDrone in Slovenia), yet to hear back, but have no idea how i'm going to go about shipping it to them from the UK - given that the post office always ask whether there's a lipo in any package I send.

UPDATE

Credit where credit is due, DJI have come up trumps on this one as I've just received a new lipo pack for my Inspire from DJI Support in the Netherlands.

At no point did they question the issue and given that there was no economical/legal way to return the faulty pack to them so they could test it, they were happy to accept photos of the original pack's barcodes and my purchase invoice.

It's not been the fastest process. My original dealer (OneDrone), who I'd hoped would deal with the issue, pretty much stopped answering my emails - so i'll be thinking twice about who'll be getting my X5 pennies - and it was taking 2-4 days to get replies from DJI support, but a process is clearly in place and I'm a happy customer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth