Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery life 93% after 28 cycles ?

I'm not sure why my question is so difficult to answer, maybe it's the way I'm asking the question. I don't care about battery percentages, discharge levels, auto this, auto that, all I want to know is what firmware you are on, ios or android, and version app you are using. This will be my 3rd and last time asking.
Yesterday, when I asked for the 2nd time I told you that I was just curious, but you keep talking about battery percentages?
I'm on 1.2.1.0 and wish I was back at 1.7 (which firmware are you on)?
Firstly I don't believe it was your post I quoted which indicates I'm not directing my comments at you and secondly I've answered your question already. Firmware 1.2.0.17 and Android app version 1.07 or 1.1 usually. Learn to read, I will not be answering it a third time.

Reactions: Highrpm955
You guys that have the inspire for much longer time than me, how's the battery life on yours ? After 50 cycles .. after 100 cycles ? Can it last 100 cycles without scarifying flight time too much?
Have 8 batteries and all are above 94% even the one that came with the Inspire when I bought it in February.

The funny thing is the invoice from the store I bought it from states 12 months warranty, which it is still within, but they sent me to DJI and they said warranty on batteries is 6 months.

Whats funny of course they dont want to pay out of their pocket but your consumer rights are clear - just sue the shop you bought if from. I would not wait 5 minutes to do so if they refuse a replacement.

They just try to make THEIR problem with DJI to YOUR problem. :cool:

PS: Buy somewhere where Paypal is accepted and then use the 180 day Paypal guarantee if it looses capacity in the first 6 months.

From the first day I opened everything up I have never relied on firmware.
Like in the "old days" (last year) I use a watt meter and I know exactly what is actually coming in and out of my packs. I guess only 1% of I1 owners have basic soldering skills, and only 1% of them use those skills. Too bad, I laugh that most of the population are clueless as to what is going on with their lipos, (like aliens most of you are to lipos) - lol

d_zpsj2cwddif.jpg

Not everyone who buys a car wants to be a mechanic so when they buy a car they don't immediately rip out their spark plugs to make sure they have the proper gap.

Most of that programming of reduced battery life is just - that programmed in based on cycles. Replacement batteries are a lucrative business. I have li-po's in other applications such as notebooks, pads, etc. that after 6 years still fully charge and provide the same life as when I bought them - I also own two electric cars and both have an 8 year warranty on the Li-po's.

Not everyone who buys a car wants to be a mechanic so when they buy a car they don't immediately rip out their spark plugs to make sure they have the proper gap.

It's a $20 watt meter dude, I'm not asking anyone to go to Lincoln Tech - lol

Have 8 batteries and all are above 94% even the one that came with the Inspire when I bought it in February.
Latest firmware ? How many charge cycles ?

In this period I'm flying twice a day, my charge cycles count is increasing fast, this is why I want to know what life time I should expect, 50 .. 100 .. 200 cycles ?

Latest firmware ? How many charge cycles ?

In this period I'm flying twice a day, my charge cycles count is increasing fast, this is why I want to know what life time I should expect, 50 .. 100 .. 200 cycles ?
It's between 45 and 52 cycles

Yours are unusable after only that few cycles ? This is a very bad news for me :(

PS. If you can please write the info about yours in the google spreadsheet document. Thanks

Yours are unusable after only that few cycles ? This is a very bad news for me :(

PS. If you can please write the info about yours in the google spreadsheet document. Thanks
No all my batteries have over 94% of life at least,so I think my batteries will last over 250 cycles at least.

From the first day I opened everything up I have never relied on firmware.
Like in the "old days" (last year) I use a watt meter and I know exactly what is actually coming in and out of my packs. I guess only 1% of I1 owners have basic soldering skills, and only 1% of them use those skills. Too bad, I laugh that most of the population are clueless as to what is going on with their lipos, (like aliens most of you are to lipos) - lol

d_zpsj2cwddif.jpg
You´re not alone.... IMG-20151103-WA0002.JPG

As with everything connected to the Inspire I also start to get problems with the batteries however not clear now how bad it is.

Especially a TB 47 with 35 cycles and 3 months old:
- It started with 2x 60 ---> 1 % in a second after starting with this value after a break of some hours.
- then noticed capacity loss down to 3895 MAh
- logs at Healthydrones show numerous up tp 0,145v deviations
- after repeated calibration shows 4200MAh (still unacceptable with 35 cycles!) again BUT

when flying with full thrust voltage shows yellow warning very soon when battery is about 40% first red warnings come. Hovering is ok but flying more then 10sec full thrust creates numerous voltage warnings.

This battery is a sure candidate for warranty exchange however I think all my DJI batteries will get warranties before they exceed 6 months after purchase as the capacity decrease is unacceptable and completely undocumented in manuals.

Interesting discussion.

I decided to state few basics battery facts that may be of help to all of you.

Life of any battery is directly proportional to the way is discharged and charged. Ideally battery should be discharged at max 2C ~ 10A that equates to normal flying dynamics and charged with 1C ~ 5A = 100W charger. Any higher rates of charge and discharge will result in much higher temp of battery and accelerated / induced failure of cell(s). In summary ; the quickest way to kill your battery is to use your sticks at full throttle and/or to use 180W charger.

n summary ; the quickest way to kill your battery is to use your sticks at full throttle and/or to use 180W charger.

So to get a new battery every 6 months you have to do this ? ;)

If I kill the battery by using DJIs premium charger - well its a warranty case. Also I cannot see any warning about bad effects on battery by flying full trottle within the already limited flying parameters DJI firmware allows. Again if THIS causes battery defects its warranty. Both should not happen with a battery consisting of the quality cells I can expect for this price.

Just important to ask for warranty within the first 6 months when the law assumes a faulty battery. And they will not successfully avoid warranty telling me I should not have used their premium charger or should not have moved the sticks to the end or didnt calibrate it correctly (while they cannot decide themselves if you should calibrate each 10 or 20 cycles and if you should bring it to 5% or until it switches off itself or or or)

In fact I think the batterys are not the quality they should be for this price. I am really really tired of buying products cheap made with a high faulty quote at gold premium prices.

And whats the best? Warranty starts again for 6 months with the exchanged battery.........this game will only end when DJI starts delivering batteries with better quality not losing so much capacity after only few charges.

There are good reasons to buy within local EU dealers and not directly from DJI (though because of their approach still EU consumer law would apply but it goes from your local court to china then.....)

If your object is to kill the battery within 6mc and to have a “conversation” with DJI or DJI dealer, then please carry on what you doing.

Quote from your previous post “when flying with full thrust voltage shows yellow warning very soon when battery is about 40% first red warnings come. Hovering is ok but flying more then 10sec full thrust creates numerous voltage warnings.” So, you know what it is doing to the battery!

However, it is very obvious that your INSPIRE 1 / “battery” usage has nothing to do with normal and responsible use of the brilliant technology and there may be a better place(s) for you to voice your opinions. What we need is responsible use of I1’s and other drones so we will NOT be faced with ever-growing worldwide restrictions trends.

Here is where my eight batteries are at right now. I'd have ten but had to return two due to charging issues.

CHARGES---LIFE

12---------------97
12---------------97
19---------------96
12---------------97
14---------------97
8----------------98
6----------------99
7----------------99

Quote from your previous post “when flying with full thrust voltage shows yellow warning very soon when battery is about 40% first red warnings come. Hovering is ok but flying more then 10sec full thrust creates numerous voltage warnings.” So, you know what it is doing to the battery!

This happens only to one battery which also likes to fall from 60 ---> 0 and have major voltage deviations.

The other batteries - which are newer - dont behave like this for now. Anyway I can expect a battery not to do this as a LIPO should exactly not do such things. If a battery cannot handle full thrust flying then its a faulty battery.

btw maybe that is the reason for firmware speed reduction maybe they know their batteries are not good enough for the promised 22 m/s.

If so they made a mistake as with the new ESC 01.11.00.00 fw with its unique expo behaviour you can get it very fast again.

Here is where my eight batteries are at right now. I'd have ten but had to return two due to charging issues.

CHARGES---LIFE

12---------------97
12---------------97
19---------------96
12---------------97
14---------------97
8----------------98
6----------------99
7----------------99

yes but I consider this product liefetime and I do not expect product capacity decrease during its life time. Its one thing how often it can be recharged its another thing if it doesnt keep capacity.

Does anyone have a battery with LIFE 50 already and can tell what capacity it shows?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shipjoy