Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Logs

Reaction score
Im trying to think of the best battery log (paper) and if i charge a battery then it goes through its discharge cycle if its not being used for a couple of week, and it needs recharging before use, there seems to be a lot of entries for no reason - any thoughts?

Im trying to think of the best battery log (paper) and if i charge a battery then it goes through its discharge cycle if its not being used for a couple of week, and it needs recharging before use, there seems to be a lot of entries for no reason - any thoughts?
I assume this is for your own records since the CAA do not require any sort of battery log of any description?
I wouldn't worry too much about 'double' entries - the discharge process is not exactly heavy load on a pack and I never count them in my logs.
To be honest it's a pretty rare event that any of my packs ever go into self discharge (and I have twelve of them) since I fly, return home, charge up to storage charge and then leave them that way until the next use. I am then only bringing my packs up from 3.86v per cell so they charge quickly.

Just finished my ground school (and passed) and their best practice also includes flight log, maintenance log, and battery log to be included in the ops manual, so really to cover me on that.

HealthyDrones is an easy way to keep an eye on your batteries, and it is best practice to, but can be really time consuming so I like to make things easy and HealthyDrones does that. As @The Editor says it is not a CAA requirement to provide a battery log but is part of my risk assessment against 'aircraft falling out of sky - battery failure'.

Just finished my ground school (and passed) and their best practice also includes flight log, maintenance log, and battery log to be included in the ops manual, so really to cover me on that.
Flight log is a legal requirement - maintenance and battery logs are not. However, yes, it is good practice to keep both since it can alert you early to any strange battery behaviour although I find more informative is to check during flight (so under load) how individual cells are tracking and checking the rebound of the pack once landed.

Reactions: Cornscot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido