Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this alternative to a battery power mod?

DJI inspire 1 battery mod power adaptor on Strikingly

Hey Moderator: I thought about posting my topic in the Battery Mod. But it is not in fact a battery mod and also people will often miss it because they have stopped reading the 90 page long battery mod thread. However those same people (like myself) might be interested in this method which does not require mod. Buried in the 90 pages they may never see it.

Reactions: _juju_
Hey Moderator: I thought about posting my topic in the Battery Mod. But it is not in fact a battery mod and also people will often miss it because they have stopped reading the 90 page long battery mod thread. However those same people (like myself) might be interested in this method which does not require mod. Buried in the 90 pages they may never see it.
Pescatoral Pursuit has seen it already. :p
Most people interested are watching the thread so get an alert if anything new is posted

What is it if it isn't a battery mod? It's called the DJI Inspire 1 battery mod power adapter :)

Pescatoral Pursuit has seen it already. :p
Most people interested are watching the thread so get an alert if anything new is posted

What is it if it isn't a battery mod? It's called the DJI Inspire 1 battery mod power adapter :)

If you look on his page he calls it: The DJI inspire 1 Power Adaptor (the word Mod does not appear in his title)
This is not a Mod. No modification required. You just clip it on.
I searched extensively to see if anyone had posted it yesterday but didnt find another post.

Reactions: Tyler hardin
If you look on his page he calls it: The DJI inspire 1 Power Adaptor (the word Mod does not appear in his title)
This is not a Mod. No modification required. You just clip it on.
I searched extensively to see if anyone had posted it yesterday but didnt find another post.
And then further down the page they are called 'Inspire 1 and Pro battery Mods' and so is the YouTube video.

Yes, I get its only an adapter but it enables a user to run a battery mod.

This is the right thread for it.

I received the 3s 5200mah LiHV batteries today and had enough time for 1 flight. I flew 25:40 and landed at 20% battery. This was a mixture of climbing to 600ft, flying approx 15 minutes at 20-25mph, and hovering for 10 minutes. This looks quite promising. I'll have more flights over the rest of the week and see where we end up.
5200mah_6s.JPG
Today I made 5 flights with the 3000ma batteries and basically have 20 minute aggressive flights (Top speed for 2+ miles, then loitering to take photos and video), and land around 25-30% battery remaining.

3000_6s.JPG

Hello there thought i would show the 3dr battery mods for the inspire it is important that batteries are connected
carefully there is a lot of power there the mod will allow the inspire to fly for 20 min,s -connect the 2 lipo,s first
the inspire will start up ! when you connect your app it will say "battery error" now switch on main inspire battery
then the app says "ready to fly" this set up will allow for main battery problems as you are flying a expensive an
pro machine . John happy flying

Hello there thought i would show the 3dr battery mods for the inspire it is important that batteries are connected
carefully there is a lot of power there the mod will allow the inspire to fly for 20 min,s -connect the 2 lipo,s first
the inspire will start up ! when you connect your app it will say "battery error" now switch on main inspire battery
then the app says "ready to fly" this set up will allow for main battery problems as you are flying a expensive an
pro machine . John happy flying
John,
While you are thinking of showing us all perhaps you might actually 'show' us something?

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Reactions: ash223
Yes, would love to know more about this. I've been contemplating tearing apart a new TB48 to make that my 2nd battery to break the 30 min mark.

Hello this is NOT a good idea as the connections are critical to the standard inspire battery -there is a post on u tube on how to do the Mod, but it is worth the £ as it allows more fly time a TB48 will cost you approx £160 anyway !! so why not get the Mod done for you with 3DR i bought mine on e-bay i consider £350 well spent now and NO worries about messing the stan-battery. The main idea was simply for a possible battery redundancy as this is indeed possible J

Hello this is NOT a good idea as the connections are critical to the standard inspire battery -there is a post on u tube on how to do the Mod, but it is worth the £ as it allows more fly time a TB48 will cost you approx £160 anyway !! so why not get the Mod done for you with 3DR i bought mine on e-bay i consider £350 well spent now and NO worries about messing the stan-battery. The main idea was simply for a possible battery redundancy as this is indeed possible J

This is no use unless you provide an eBay link. 3DR are a separate company to DJI so how are they offering a DJI battery solution? You have posted twice now on this, both equally vague. Please explain in detail what exactly you are talking about.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

You wise people, I need some advise. What type of charger would you recommend for charging lipo - lihv for battery mod. I would like to have at least two outputs. I have read alot, watch alot of youtube videos but have not made my mind about this.. I was thinking of ThunderPower 820 or Skyrac 100.. can I some inputs from.

Correct: one Multistar 5200 6S LiHV is about the same flight time (within a minute or two) as two ThunderPower 2700 6S 25C.

A Multistar 6600 6S LiHV is roughly the same as two TP 3500 LiHV 6S but weight starts to impact flight time negatively in this weight range.

Note the above are for carrying an X3.

X5/R is much heavier and thus weight begins to negatively affect flight time around 4400mah (vs around 6500-7000 for X3-carrying aircraft).

Which means you have to use smaller mah batteries for optimal flight time, and Mac flight time will be less obviously (around 25min vs 30 for the X3 setup).
Aloha Damon, Can you confirm that the Multistar 6600 6 S is the best option for one batterie only. I just thinking having only one but wander with one... I ry to see all your post and remember that you say that you did use this one for traveling and all good. My other question is did you have a special mount or just velcro.. I'm trying this new mod call (batteries adaptor ) that don't need any modification from batteries... can you help... Thank you Mahalo
DJI inspire 1 battery mod power adaptor on Strikingly

I am interested to know what cameras you are flying with when getting 20+ minutes air time, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide