Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any obvious link between the @[B][U]Fanti[/U][/B] post and Bob Marleys post apart from they are both about batteries! Unless you are Bob of course.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Really??, even though I quoted him in my post, and told what the mod was?
You are either dumb as a rock, or just looking to start trouble, (I'm sure it's the latter) :rolleyes:

Attachments

• duh.jpg
    duh.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 115
Really??, even though I quoted him in my post, and told what the mod was?
You are either dumb as a rock, or just looking to start trouble, (I'm sure it's the latter) :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree with @IrishSights , just because you quote a post doesn't make it factual. So if I quote some random post that you made and followed it by stating that you are a pathological lair and hate kittens. Does that make it instantly creditable? I'm not sure that adds any more validity than what you just said.

Wether you are right or not, you have to agree that you didn't exactly base you found knowledge off of any concrete information. I see no need to attack anyone for pointing out the obvious. Just my two cents.

Hope we get some additional information on this mod.

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishSights
I've read literally every page of this thread and after doing the mod to 2 of my DJI batteries I kicked myself. The work it takes to do this to 4-6 battery packs is a waste of time and there is no need to buy adapters or pre-modded batteries for an arm and a leg. In less time I took the white canopy off the inspire and soldered two wires right to the gold tabs on the power distribution panel where they enter the plate. Completely hidden, far cheaper and much more safe since you don't have wires flopping around near the props. Plenty of videos on youtube but honestly it took maybe an hour start to finish and costs nothing. I can't believe people are willing to buy pre-modded batteries for almost $75 extra each.

Also, for those interested, I have a Inspire 1 V1 and X5. I bought the V2 motors and installed them but they do not work with original esc's. Totally not compatible. DJI uses a processor chip that is tuned to the motor's back EMF signature. Frustrated, I reinstalled the stock motors.Normally I get around 12-13 minutes actual flight time and a max of 15 just hovering.

I did the mod and with the X5 and dual 1300 6s packs I got 17 minutes combined with a TB47. I also tried two TB48's and the weight definitely put the motors way above their peak efficiency and didn't yield any more flight time than the 1300's. I knew that to safely carry the X5 and larger batteries I needed the V2 motors and ESC's. I bit the bullet and found V2 motors / esc's online for $70 each. Before installing them I looked at the esc's very closely. Architecture looks the same but there are definitely beefed up resistors and a different processor chip.

Ordered the Multistar LiHV 3s 3000mah packs and did my first test flight tonight. Ten minutes and 50% left in the packs and it's 39 degrees F outside. I would have flown longer but I never use more than 50% for the first 5 cycles on a battery. I also fully expect more flight time once the packs have broken in which usually takes 10 cycles.

The V2 motors and esc's are super smooth and I couldn't even tell the extra batteries were on there, even with the X5. I ordered 6 more multistar packs and don't expect to ever fly without them. Super happy and besides the longer flight time, I didn't see any warnings in the app. With the TB47 and cold weather I would often see "motor overloaded" Propulsion system output reduced." The battery mod fixed that, even with V1 motors. It's not that the motors were overloaded, it was that the battery voltage was dropping too much under load in cold weather.

For cold weather flying, extra battery packs eliminate the low voltage / output limited issue. Best reason to use a mod in my opinion

Totally agree with damon. Also, for those of you who film a lot of moving vehicles or need sustained speed, I find that I can go full throttle for extended periods of time without voltage drop. Batteries don't heat up as much either.

All in all, there;s a reason why the inspire 2 has two batteries now and I blame damon.

By using the 3D printer, I have done a Univeral Rack for those useable LIHV and LIPO batteries ( Weight wise ) , that will fit i.e Hyperion 3650,4400 and 5200. TP 4500 and 5400 and Nano tech LIPO dual 1550, 2200 and 4500.
Photopro30 we all know the easiest way to mod are on the Bird side but that will void our bran new i1Pro warrenty in a year ago. If anything goes wrong we will have opportunity to sent it back to DJI for replace or repair and that's is the only reason.

Attachments

• 20161203_115557.jpg
    20161203_115557.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 271
  • 20161203_115636.jpg
    20161203_115636.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 20161203_123229.jpg
    20161203_123229.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 256
  • 20161203_123241.jpg
    20161203_123241.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 224
For cold weather flying, extra battery packs eliminate the low voltage / output limited issue. Best reason to use a mod in my opinion
Actually not very true. With aux batts, main batt does not really warm up enough. While I almost always fly with aux batts and it serves me great, when its really cold, like 0 deg C, it is better to fly without as both main and aux batts remain too cold.

Actually not very true. With aux batts, main batt does not really warm up enough. While I almost always fly with aux batts and it serves me great, when its really cold, like 0 deg C, it is better to fly without as both main and aux batts remain too cold.

You are flying too slowly Fanti :p

I do agree that the batteries don't warm up as much but I usually heat them up before take off and they are still fairly warm/hot when I land in my experience.

Reactions: tcchow
By using the 3D printer, I have done a Univeral Rack for those useable LIHV and LIPO batteries ( Weight wise ) , that will fit i.e Hyperion 3650,4400 and 5200. TP 4500 and 5400 and Nano tech LIPO dual 1550, 2200 and 4500.
Photopro30 we all know the easiest way to mod are on the Bird side but that will void our bran new i1Pro warrenty in a year ago. If anything goes wrong we will have opportunity to sent it back to DJI for replace or repair and that's is the only reason.

Clean mod! Would you mind sharing the .STL file for your battery cradle?

Reactions: Mokong

I don't recall ever receiving an output limited warning flying dual batteries.

Anyone have any experience of these adapters?

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Yes i have it ....
it works as advertised , pretty easy to install / remove...
another benefit is that if you have a brand new battery using this mod it wont void the Dji warranty of six months...

Good morning from Greece

Reactions: IrishSights
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotpalaksingh333