Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Mod Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use 6s batteries, (not 3s) on each leg and put 1 splice into each side ;)
6s 1800 on each leg for a total of 3600 mAh should give you 30 minutes still landing at 25%

6S batteries would be my preference, but unfortunately there aren't a ton of options for LiHV batteries. I don't like using Lipo when doing these mods and prefer keeping with the DJI batteries voltage (since they use LiHV). I found some 3000 or 4000mah LiHVs at 3S, I just wire them into series then parallel with the DJI batteries.

Still, the main problem here is that I don't know where to splice in on the Inspire 2.

Reactions: Pescatoral Pursuit
Last edited:
I told you, use 6s packs and splice into each side.
From RC Groups
RC Groups - View Single Post - DJI Power Supply & Power Supply Talk

I can't open your attachment from dropbox until I get home, but it appears you are talking about the Inspire 1. I long ago did this modification to my Inspire 1. It was very straight forward. I am unsure where to splice in for the Inspire 2. Before cutting anything, I would want to know for sure. Any chance you could be more specific? Again, it seems odd to me that the two small circuit boards (that you plug the two Inspire 2 batteries into) supply power for the main power distribution board AND the motors. I'm used to the batteries supplying power to the distribution board, then the wires to the motors coming from the distribution board. So, I do not know where I should splice into. Should I splice into the wires going to the power distribution board or to the wires going directly to the motors?

I can't open your attachment from dropbox until I get home, but it appears you are talking about the Inspire 1

It is not my dropbox, it is a link on RCGroups.
I will download the pic YOU posted and show u where to solder, then re upload it :)

Reactions: John Boylan
cool man, much appreciated.

:) i am curious. was under if not the first to mod the bird side :D - good old times lol...
still have the good old lady with the 1.4FW :D
planning to get the I2 soon and hope to have no issues...
could someone help me to find the link for the aux battery holder to be placed under the drone on the back and velcro them beneith.
another holder was made on the sides of the original battery holding smaller aux batteries.

really excited to see the slicing solder point on I2 :)
keep it up :)

lol. I was kinda hoping Bri Guy would have posted the picture by now with the soldering points. My Inspire 2 is still all in pieces and I don't want to put it back together until I at least get these leads soldered on. I thought getting to the power distribution board was a pain in the *** for the I1. It is way worse for the I2.

I believe you'd want to tap into either side with The gray and black wires. Since the I2 should be able to run with one battery you'd be wanting to run 6s into that connection.

I though it to be enough just to remove some plastic from the wires and solder to every wire...
But not sure of course. Clearly says + and - on the wires.

2e42a054f09cd47ba13783ce0a724bb2.jpg

I though it to be enough just to remove some plastic from the wires and solder to every wire...
But not sure of course. Clearly says + and - on the wires.

2e42a054f09cd47ba13783ce0a724bb2.jpg
Fredz, so you think it makes sense to splice into the motor wires with an auxiliary battery?

Right now, i'm sorta thinking the same thing, however, I'm going to try and clean it up a little better by soldering to the two middle plugs then coming out the bottom (the plugs are the gold colored things in my picture. They sit on the bottom of the I2. That is where the motors plug in, just below the green arrows in your picture).

Sorry, been busy.
Here's what I know.

Connect jumper leads at the point the batt packs come in, (or before any circuit boards)
Do not supply current down stream of any circuit board, always upstream, before the boards.
Can you post a pic of what the battery leads are actually touching when mounted on the I2?

Sorry, been busy.
Here's what I know.

Connect jumper leads at the point the batt packs come in, (or before any circuit boards)
Do not supply current down stream of any circuit board, always upstream, before the boards.
Can you post a pic of what the battery leads are actually touching when mounted on the I2?

I would agree, hence the reason I don't care for the new battery design. It was much easier on the I1 when the two power contacts on the I1 battery are obvious. This is looking less and less likely without drilling into the casing around these circuit boards (something I was hoping to avoid). I also need to figure out the pin out of these batteries. I don't know which of the 12 contacts is the positive and negative terminals that supply the large current for the motors.

One way I know I can solve this is what will be in the mail tomorrow. I purchased the remote controller charger cable that connects the battery to the remote control. I'll be able to disassemble that to trace back to the contacts that are actually supplying the power.

One way I know I can solve this is what will be in the mail tomorrow. I purchased the remote controller charger cable that connects the battery to the remote control. I'll be able to disassemble that to trace back to the contacts that are actually supplying the power.

Might have to just mod the batteries, but i'm sure the board can be jumped.
Did you at least watch that dropbox vid, to learn whats going on with current batteries?

I would agree, hence the reason I don't care for the new battery design. It was much easier on the I1 when the two power contacts on the I1 battery are obvious. This is looking less and less likely without drilling into the casing around these circuit boards (something I was hoping to avoid). I also need to figure out the pin out of these batteries. I don't know which of the 12 contacts is the positive and negative terminals that supply the large current for the motors.

the positive and negative are most likely to be on the sides (in general as far as i can tell)
nevertheless the description is or should be always on the pcb for assy (assembly).
so if you take the things apart and take a closer look on the back or front you should have marks to see what is what and who is with who... :)
i unfortunatley do not have an I2 yet but really plan to get one in very very near future.

Might have to just mod the batteries, but i'm sure the board can be jumped.
Did you at least watch that dropbox vid, to learn whats going on with current batteries?
I need to look at the dropbox thing again. It was only a picture of the the I1 when I opened it up last night. If it is more than that, then I wasn't looking hard enough. I saw that picture and didn't scroll down since I thought it would something on the I1.

the positive and negative are most likely to be on the sides (in general as far as i can tell)
nevertheless the description is or should be always on the pcb for assy (assembly).
so if you take the things apart and take a closer look on the back or front you should have marks to see what is what and who is with who... :)
i unfortunatley do not have an I2 yet but really plan to get one in very very near future.

I was thinking the same thing. Problem is, they have some sort of glossy coating over the circuit boards making it very difficult to see anything written on them or to try and trace the lines to see where things go on the board.

Since it was asked, here are a couple of pictures of the other side of the smaller battery circuit boards. As you can see, it is the plug for the batteries. The other picture is how the battery plugs in. It is impossible for me to turn on the battery to take voltage readings as the button on the new batteries does nothing other than to show battery charge level and to heat up the battery. I should be receiving my controller charging cable tomorrow (although, I don't know how to use it since you can't turn on the battery. I'm guessing it just turns on when you plug it in). I'll carefully cut open one of the cables coming in tomorrow to see which two leads are used to charge the controller (hopefully).

Reactions: AcesAreWld
the first pic is the balance plug for the telemetry for each cell voltage x 2 batteries = 12
the second pic, where do the plugs plug into, motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo