Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery powered LED dome strobe?

I don't think it's that there are 2 types. With this unit you can select whether you want white light or red light so a front unit or rear unit. I haven't noticed any reduced flight time with it. It weighs next to nothing. The fact that it's sub rechargeable is fantastic. I get through my 6 batteries before I have to recharge it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's almost 200 grams of weight if you get 4 of them.... Some people are concerned about a 5 gram filter vs a 3 gram filter lol.

That's almost 200 grams of weight if you get 4 of them.... Some people are concerned about a 5 gram filter vs a 3 gram filter lol.

It's not hanging on the gimbal. Key point.

The recommended takeoff weight for the i1's E800 motors is 800g/motor.

With gimbal and TB48 there are about 300g left to recommended takeoff weight.

Note the MAX per motor is much higher.

So 47g X 2 = 94g extra is fine.

Reactions: diverreb
Hey guys..
My strobe weighs 3/4 lb and I can hardly notice it..
Its visable up to two miles in low light conditions ..
Did a 3 mile LRF with plenty of battery in reserve.. That was with a tb47..
Thanks for the idea Damoncooper!!
Turbo..

Reactions: sirnikolas
Thanks for the info guys!

Update: ordered 2 of these:

Lezyne Zecto Drive Pro Light Black/Hi Gloss, One Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUQKJHO

I figure I'll put one on each arm with the supplier bicycle bar strap, one pointed forward / down at 45 degrees and the other pointed backwards / down at 45 degrees, using the supplied straps should make them easy on/off for recharging.

That way I should be able to see them from below far away whether inbound or outbound.

Probably set them on the brightest strobe mode (80 lumens).

Thanks for the info guys!

Update: ordered 2 of these:

Lezyne Zecto Drive Pro Light Black/Hi Gloss, One Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUQKJHO

I figure I'll put one on each arm with the supplier bicycle bar strap, one pointed forward / down at 45 degrees and the other pointed backwards / down at 45 degrees, using the supplied straps should make them easy on/off for recharging.

That way I should be able to see them from below far away whether inbound or outbound.

Probably set them on the brightest strobe mode (80 lumens).

By all means, let us know that works for you.

Flying at night with those lights should be a trip for the unsuspecting UFO enthusiasts! :eek:

Reactions: sirnikolas
Be careful not to cover the antennas on the front legs. There's a sticker there that states it.

The large CF bars are about the size of a bicycle handlebar, so I'm thinking put them there, at the outermost end of the bars.

Shouldn't be anything to interfere with there.

The large CF bars are about the size of a bicycle handlebar, so I'm thinking put them there, at the outermost end of the bars.

Shouldn't be anything to interfere with there.
That's exactly where I tried mounting mine first off but the CF bars are a bit too small. I would suggest putting a small strip of rubber round the cf bar first then putting the light on. I was also a bit concerned about the supplied silicon strap not holing up to the job that's why I decided to mount on the rear of the bird using gopro mounts. I have also found that by removing the aluminium ring around the light it gives a much wider viewing angle. I find just having the one is adequate and it actually helps with orientation. Can tell instantly if it's coming in or going out or for that matter heading off to either side.

That's exactly where I tried mounting mine first off but the CF bars are a bit too small. I would suggest putting a small strip of rubber round the cf bar first then putting the light on. I was also a bit concerned about the supplied silicon strap not holing up to the job that's why I decided to mount on the rear of the bird using gopro mounts. I have also found that by removing the aluminium ring around the light it gives a much wider viewing angle. I find just having the one is adequate and it actually helps with orientation. Can tell instantly if it's coming in or going out or for that matter heading off to either side.

Good tip on the aluminum ring.

I have my Cat Eye straps I'll try maybe. I was thinking putting one into "red" mode and pointing it one direction and one white strobe facing the other way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont