Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery powered LED dome strobe?

Thanks for the info guys!

Update: ordered 2 of these:

Lezyne Zecto Drive Pro Light Black/Hi Gloss, One Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUQKJHO

I figure I'll put one on each arm with the supplier bicycle bar strap, one pointed forward / down at 45 degrees and the other pointed backwards / down at 45 degrees, using the supplied straps should make them easy on/off for recharging.

That way I should be able to see them from below far away whether inbound or outbound.

Probably set them on the brightest strobe mode (80 lumens).

Keep us posted. I really want to know if they work in day light.

Hi greyhawk. If you look back through the posts you'll actually find a video and some pics of these lights attached to my inspire. Trust me when I say that they work very well

Saw them. Thanks. Still, the kitchen is quite a bit different than a sunny day at altitude.

Hey guys I use a 3000 lumen bicycle light with an external battery ..
I've seen it clearly past two miles in low light conditions if its pointing at you..
1 mile in normal sunlight if its pointing at you..
It weights about 3\4 lb and doesn't effect the inspires flight time much as far as I can tell..
Did a three mile flight with it on..
Turbo...

Arrived. Charging em up to test on Sat. They seem very bright indeed. I got two, one for each arm, forward and backward. Rechargeable. Unscrewed the heavy aluminum ring as suggested above, brings weight down to about 40g from 47g.

One guy claims these are visible at at least 900m.

If these don't work I'll have to go with a wired solution to up the lumens output.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431015392.626966.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431015430.578997.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431015445.120048.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431015458.942043.jpg

Just got mine Freaking bright. But off the plastic clamp on the back, added velcro and stuck it up under the backside..SUCCESS Finally!

Let me know what distance you get with it while still visible in daylight.

I'll report the same this weekend. Hopefully we finally have a decent solution!

Last edited:
Not from me. I have enough trouble just flying!. I can tell you that I have tried them all and except for the 'Blackburn' mars/venus bike lights (the 2032 batts burn too fast) these are the BRIGHTEST by far and rechargeable. I mounted one underneath and one back of the 'airframe' as FOR ME I have trouble seeing underneath the Quad when its at distance in the sunlight. At night they look crazy good (and scary, my kids love them).

Not from me. I have enough trouble just flying!. I can tell you that I have tried them all and except for the 'Blackburn' mars/venus bike lights (the 2032 batts burn too fast) these are the BRIGHTEST by far and rechargeable. I mounted one underneath and one back of the 'airframe' as FOR ME I have trouble seeing underneath the Quad when its at distance in the sunlight. At night they look crazy good (and scary, my kids love them).

Do they interfere with the video: as in, do they show up as a flickering? It would seem that even with the legs in flight position that there is reflection off the props, which might register on the lens, especially with the camera off forward orientation. Is this worse at night?

Is there a strobe orientation or position that solves this, if it is indeed a problem?

Do they interfere with the video: as in, do they show up as a flickering? It would seem that even with the legs in flight position that there is reflection off the props, which might register on the lens, especially with the camera off forward orientation. Is this worse at night?

Is there a strobe orientation or position that solves this, if it is indeed a problem?
Hey Quadpilot !! Glad to see you back!!
I don't see any on mine but I just fly fpv so far...
I use a 3000 lumen strobe with a separate battery..
I think I'll get one of those rechargeable strobes for a secondary locator..
I had my phantom flyaway the other day and all my failsafes didnt help..
I had a tk 102 and a locator 8 onboard..
I lost signal and it didn't return home..
It must have crashed hard because the tk102 didnt work..
The only thing that worked was the mobizen app but the screen went blank...
I thought I had it covered but I guess not..
Happy strobing!!
Turbo....

Reactions: flyersgirl
Hey Quadpilot !! Glad to see you back!!
I don't see any on mine but I just fly fpv so far...
I use a 3000 lumen strobe with a separate battery..
I think I'll get one of those rechargeable strobes for a secondary locator..
I had my phantom flyaway the other day and all my failsafes didnt help..
I had a tk 102 and a locator 8 onboard..
I lost signal and it didn't return home..
It must have crashed hard because the tk102 didnt work..
The only thing that worked was the mobizen app but the screen went blank...
I thought I had it covered but I guess not..
Happy strobing!!
Turbo....

Very sorry for your crash/loss.

I'm thinking the Flytrex Live 3G is in my future after reading stories like this.

Reactions: turbodronepilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lifeisart