Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery powered LED dome strobe?

Thanks, but still not solid on how the unit is mounted. I received one over the weekend and noticed that the back is not completely flat. It appears that the "hook" appendage needs to be lopped off...correct?View attachment 3437 Then, it could be mounted via Velcro.
I got my Lezyne Zecto Drive Pro strobes today from Amazon.co.uk and mounted one with 2 pop rivets to a spare identity plate fitted to the rear of the battery pack.

I opened up the light unit (using a Torx screwdriver) to release the rear cover before sawing off the clip and drilling 2 holes through the cover and identity plate. I then used 2 pop rivets to securing the two together. Care is required to ensure that the LiPo battery that sits in the light unit rear cover is not damaged or allowed to rub against the rivet heads but there is plenty of space I then reassembled the light and mounted the plate/light using the standard Torx screws to the aircraft.

Using the highest 160 lumins short double strobe setting the aircraft was clearly visible at 500m in dull cloudy conditions. At short range the strobe is blinding making it difficult to look directly at the rear of the aircraft.

I now need to work out how to fit the second light to nose cone with its curves and compass unit. My solution will require the lights to be recharge insitu but they will be secure.

Anyone using the Lezyne Zecto Drive Pro strobes should ensure that the metal knurled rings around the front of the LED unit is firmly attached. I found this afternoon after 4 flights over beach and water that mine was missing. It is only decorative but does provide some protection to the light unit.

Reactions: PB30X
Anyone using the Lezyne Zecto Drive Pro strobes should ensure that the metal knurled rings around the front of the LED unit is firmly attached. I found this afternoon after 4 flights over beach and water that mine was missing. It is only decorative but does provide some protection to the light unit.

First thing I did was unscrew those and toss them for weight.

Second thing I did was break off the unwieldy plastic molded clips.

Then I used good ol 3M Dual Lock :)

First thing I did was unscrew those and toss them for weight.

Second thing I did was break off the unwieldy plastic molded clips.

Then I used good ol 3M Dual Lock :)
If you don't want the rings I'll take one. I sawed off the clips to give a flat surface to rivet the lights to the nose cone and read ID plate. I need to source a tube of locking medium.

As Damoncooper says throw them away. I discovered that by removing them they have a wider viewing angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide