Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

battery storage, incorrect reading on battery

Reaction score
Website
www.visualair.co.uk
Ok this is interesting, and I wonder if anyone else has had this happen. It seems to be since the latest firmware, but I generally leave my batteries set at 2 days before going into storage capacity. I havent used the Inspire for about a week now, and just went to check the battery status and they all show as full on the LED level test which was concerning.

I didnt think this was correct so put one into the inspire, and it immediately dropped down to 3 LEDS and showed 64% on the DJI Go App. Now the other batteries are doing exactly the same thing, I have 4500 and 5700 batteries.

This has never happened on previous firmwares and I cant imagine I am the only one this has happened too.

Just a warning for anyone that makes use of this discharge within a few days, it seems the batteries still read as full even when they have discharged to storage capacity, so check this before hand.

it immediately dropped down to 3 LEDS and showed 64% on the DJI Go App. Now the other batteries are doing exactly the same thing, I have 4500 and 5700 batteries.

Perhaps a good add to the Hangar check list.
Power up the I1 with all the batteries you're going to use. Perform final status check per battery in DJI GO before leaving the 'hangar'.

I'll add that one. Thanks.

edit: quoted OP

I've had the exact same thing happen to our Inspire1. I was not able to discharge the three batteries that we have because it was raining outside. I flew it one week later too, same thing with you guys, the LEDs showed fully charged but once I put it on the unit, the DJI GO App registered 64% on the battery. Does this have something to do with the latest upgrade in firmware? Or does the battery "discharge" over time when it is not used? I mean I know it does, but not that big a discharge.

Ok this is interesting, and I wonder if anyone else has had this happen. It seems to be since the latest firmware, but I generally leave my batteries set at 2 days before going into storage capacity. I havent used the Inspire for about a week now, and just went to check the battery status and they all show as full on the LED level test which was concerning.

I didnt think this was correct so put one into the inspire, and it immediately dropped down to 3 LEDS and showed 64% on the DJI Go App. Now the other batteries are doing exactly the same thing, I have 4500 and 5700 batteries.

This has never happened on previous firmwares and I cant imagine I am the only one this has happened too.

Just a warning for anyone that makes use of this discharge within a few days, it seems the batteries still read as full even when they have discharged to storage capacity, so check this before hand.
DJI have confirmed this is a bug but it has been fixed.
Current beta testing ends in a few days....that's all I can say ;)

DJI have confirmed this is a bug but it has been fixed.
Current beta testing ends in a few days....that's all I can say ;)
Thanks Editor.
Still wondering that DJI hasn't put this on the official site.They will never lurn I think that when a bug is there just put it on your site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk