Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery temperature concerns

Reaction score
Hi everyone - my first post. I am looking for reassurance from the community of experts out there. I have noticed that on landing after a flight, the battery temperature is sometimes over 40 degrees. A simple question - should I be worried?

lol. I was just going to link that also. I would be mega happy to see the first digit of the temp be a 4

Hi everyone - my first post. I am looking for reassurance from the community of experts out there. I have noticed that on landing after a flight, the battery temperature is sometimes over 40 degrees. A simple question - should I be worried?
It depends how fast you drain the battery . In another worlds ,it will always be warm after the use,if you fly gently with some hovering it will get warm; if you fly hard the battery will get very hot .Try to fly one battery lightly and another bit harder (I never recommend to abuse the craft ,by flying it to hard, unless it is acrobatic) and than measure the temperature of each of them.

A word of caution: I disregarded the instructions to not fly on a windy day. The battery over heated , expanded and the power cut out. The Inspire 1 dropped like a brick from 30 feet. DOA.

Reactions: carni026
A word of caution: I disregarded the instructions to not fly on a windy day. The battery over heated , expanded and the power cut out. The Inspire 1 dropped like a brick from 30 feet. DOA.
What was the ambient temp you were flying in? I have flown in 28-30mph winds without issue (although it's not exactly 'fun').

Reactions: Highrpm955
What was the ambient temp you were flying in? I have flown in 28-30mph winds without issue (although it's not exactly 'fun').
The ambient temperature was around 75 degrees F. The wind speed was unknown, but incredibly strong...am guessing 25mph+. I flew it against the wind quite a bit, and the remaining battery readout seemed to remain at 10 minutes for a very lengthy period (i.e. bad feedback from battery) of 15 minutes or so.

thanks for sharing this, many people in youtube show off flying inspires in high winds and say they had no problems, but no one mention this battery issue which could get many of us into trouble. I finally decided to fly my raw in 20+mph winds and the first battery got super hot i could not touch it. Decided to stop it there, and wait for a better day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207