Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Terminal Height Different?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just checking over my Inspire and noticed that the battery terminals on the actual Inspire are different heights.

Can somebody please check theirs to see if its the same as mine, I cant see why they would be at different heights, but they are on mine.

See this pic, sorry for quality, iPhone is useless for closeup shots!

IMG_0645.JPG

Most likely a short protection, the return makes contact before the live - Sorry, can't check my actual batteries at the moment - hope the offer of an answer helps.

Mine are the same. This is very common. It ensures tat one terminal has solid contact when the other terminal is connected.

If you look closely at the USB connector that plugs into your computer. The outer two pins/contacts are longer than the inner two. This is so the power and ground contacts are established before the inner two (Data) make contact.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Thanks for your replies chaps, was getting worried for a minute!

Makes sense in regard to short circuit protection, should have thought of that first!

Thanks again :)

Mine is exactly the same. If you look at the "wear" marks on the pins you will see that the connection goes in quite far even on the short pin.

Hello everyone,

Just checking over my Inspire and noticed that the battery terminals on the actual Inspire are different heights.

Can somebody please check theirs to see if its the same as mine, I cant see why they would be at different heights, but they are on mine.

See this pic, sorry for quality, iPhone is useless for closeup shots!

View attachment 1783
It eliminates, or somewhat controls arcing, spark which could damage electronics. If on or static,
makes them easier and smoother to connect.

Thanks for your replies chaps, was getting worried for a minute!

Makes sense in regard to short circuit protection, should have thought of that first!

Thanks again :)
It s designed this way so the Negative connector makes contact first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan