Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery turns on, but won't power up aircraft (?)

Reaction score
Flew 5 flights yesterday on my 3 -47's and 2 -48's. Charged them all up this morning with no problems.

One of my -48's turns on normally when installed on the aircraft, but does not power up the aircraft. Have turned it off and on several times with the same result.

All other batteries operated normally today

The battery that doesn't power up the aircraft has 24 charges with no issues.
Deep cycled twice down to 3.3v.

Any ideas on why the battery turns on (4 lights), but won't power up the aircraft?

Flew 5 flights yesterday on my 3 -47's and 2 -48's. Charged them all up this morning with no problems.

One of my -48's turns on normally when installed on the aircraft, but does not power up the aircraft. Have turned it off and on several times with the same result.

Any ideas on why the battery turns on (4 lights), but won't power up the aircraft?
So yesterday that battery worked normally, then you charged it, and now you're presented with the problem?

I guess I would start with the contacts on the battery. There are two sets. The power contacts and the data contacts. Check that they're free of oxidation and clean with alcohol if necessary. Compare the contacts with another battery to make sure they're not bent or missing.

Other than that, maybe pry off the top of the battery and unplug the circuit board (there are videos showing how to do this) and do a reset.

Let us know if you find a solution.

Personally I would get a voltmeter/multimeter and check you are getting voltage at the main terminals of the battery when it is turned on.
There have been instances of the wiring very badly crimped within the top cap of the pack (the only way to check is to remove the top).

Personally I would get a voltmeter/multimeter and check you are getting voltage at the main terminals of the battery when it is turned on.
There have been instances of the wiring very badly crimped within the top cap of the pack (the only way to check is to remove the top).

Alastair-thanks. Yes, it worked fine on Friday, charged it yesterday morning and now have the problem. Contacts are clean and not bent/missing. Internal prob.

Editor-Thanks.
Got my multimeter out and found no voltage as compared to another battery. The battery was purchased 4 months ago.
Found this on you-tube for the top removal.
Will perform surgery later and advise results.

Alastair-thanks. Yes, it worked fine on Friday, charged it yesterday morning and now have the problem. Contacts are clean and not bent/missing. Internal prob.

Editor-Thanks.
Got my multimeter out and found no voltage as compared to another battery. The battery was purchased 4 months ago.
Found this on you-tube for the top removal.
Will perform surgery later and advise results.
I thought as much.
It maybe as simple as the small data/balance board plug has come loose thus not allowing the battery to power up at the terminals or it maybe something like a cracked wire or bad solder joint.
Either way a thorough inspection is called for.
Let us know the outcome/findings.

I thought as much.
It maybe as simple as the small data/balance board plug has come loose thus not allowing the battery to power up at the terminals or it maybe something like a cracked wire or bad solder joint.
Either way a thorough inspection is called for.
Let us know the outcome/findings.

Ok,
Before disassembly with battery on or off, checked at battery-acft connector slots:
0.9v

Got it apart. Wiring is solid, all connections good. No visible damage/corrosion/burn marks, etc. found on either the top or bottom of circuit card.

Multimeter tests:

Battery off:
Main battery terminals: 25.7v
+ battery / - on circuit board: 25.7v
+ battery / - on circuit board to acft connection (and at aircraft connection) : 0.9v

With 7 pin connector on top of battery disconnected:
Main battery terminals: 25.7
+ battery / - on circuit board: 25.7
+ battery / - on circuit board to acft connection and at aircraft connection: 3.6v

When the 7 pin connector is reattached, a red light illuminates at the on/off button and the first green power light flashes.
Battery turns off normally with two button pushes.
Then, turning the battery back on results in the same red light and first green light flashing.
+ battery / - on circuit board to acft connection (and at aircraft connection) : 0.9v

The 3.6v value and the 0.9v value per the above checks suggest an issue with the circuit board to me.

Will leave the 7 pin connector disconnected for 24 hours or so and recheck.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide