Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Battery will not Calibrate

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by Mopar Bob, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Mopar Bob

I have a battery that just will not calibrate for me. I followed the outlined procedure three times now but each time I install the battery I get the warning triangle with a message indicating that I need to do the calibration. I am able to fly with the battery without any issues, but I am concerned that it gives me the message. The 4 other batteries I have all calibrated just fine. I even attempted to reinstall the battery firmware but it indicate that it was already current. When I discharged the battery I did it in one flight from 100% to 4%. Let it cool down, then recharged to 100%.

So I am at wits end on this one. Any suggestion are appreciated.

2. Canuck32

I had one do this. I had to fly it down to 3.3 V. Inspire showed 0 % when I shut off motors. I watched the cells on the battery page until they all came up to 3.5 V and then shut down. Let it cool and recharge and message finally cleared.

3. Mopar Bob

Thanks for your response, but I am a little confused. At 0% you shut off the motors, but you leave the battery on while you watch the cell voltage? When they go back up to 3.5% you shut what down? The battery or the application? I always thought that when you reach 0%, the battery shuts off automatically to protect itself?

4. Aviator

He didn't say 3.5%, he said 3.5 V as in Volts..

5. Mopar Bob

Got it, my mistake. First one this year.

6. Aviator

The Editor will only allow 2 for the whole year LOL

The Editor likes this.
  7. Mopar Bob

OK, it worked! I had to run the motors until the battery turned itself off. Then I let the battery cool down to room temperature and then charged it back to 100%. When I restarted the Inspire with the battery the message was gone. Now on a side note: I converted to IOS a while back because of issues I had with latency with the android app. But today, because my IOS tablet was with my grandkids, I used the android tablet. So now I am flying and watching the battery meter and when I got down to about 6%, the app crapped out on me. So here I am trying to watch the battery readings and I get nothing. So to continue, I fly the Inspire a few inches off the ground until whamo - the battery shuts off and the Inspire drops to the ground. No damage because I anticipated it and was hovering over soft grass, but for all the android lovers, that is one piece of crap application. My android tablet and I have just permanently departed company.