Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bay Area Pilots?

Just wanted to say Hi to all, just ordered my I1 and expect it to be delivered on the 19th! :)

Edit: and btw I live in Concord and work in Sunnyvale.

Just wanted to say Hi to all, just ordered my I1 and expect it to be delivered on the 19th! :)

Edit: and btw I live in Concord and work in Sunnyvale.

Welcome Lock.

Hope you find this forum informative (and entertaining).
As noted we will have a get together on May 30th if you want to participate.
Further details will be announced next week.

Welcome Lock.

Hope you find this forum informative (and entertaining).
As noted we will have a get together on May 30th if you want to participate.
Further details will be announced next week.

Thanks, I'm looking around a lot and trying to learn as much as I can BEFORE it gets here LOL

I've flown (hovered/tinkered) with heli's before and this will be my 4th Drone but the other 3 don't even compare to this bad boy and will try to see you all on the 30th, even if I don't fly myself.

Oh please do. I am like Alton Brown (he rocks BTW) in CutThroat Kitchen. I got something planned for this event. ;)

alton-brown_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni10col.landscape.jpeg

Welcome Lock,
I'm a bit scared too:)! Alton Brown is my idol, that's awesome he's going to be there!

Okay, I've been looking around this forum a lot, watching some cool videos, reading the HELP section. I'm a tad worried.......Should I NOT update the firmware? I don't want to crash this 3K bird early on. I bought it mainly cause I saw it was sooooooo stable, but I'm not seeing that now, or is that mostly pilot error?

Bebop from Parrot, same problem.......they update the firmware that fixes some things but introduces 10 other things.

I mostly fly in my backyard, low alt, doing figure eights. I bought the Inspire to be confident to fly far and high, but that's not looking too good now :(

Do you guys have a problem with sun/shade? The Bebop does, going from sun to shade it rises 2 meters on its own, opposite shade to sun sinks 2 meters or so........

Anyways, I'm EXCITED to get this new bird, but at 3K a little worried with some problems I'm seeing. So, should I leave the firmware alone and not update it?

And, what is this that the batteries get updated too? Okay maybe I have to read more LOL

So far as I am concerned and based on my experience, I have very little issue with the new firmware. Aside from the slight tilted horizon and the occasional iPad Air 2 video interruption.

Yes the battery has its own firmware upgrade. Just follow the procedure and you should be GTG.

WOW! This bird is out of my league LOL but I'm excited to fly it watching vids chasing cruise ships out to sea for a mile, etc....

Outta Control, You seem to be a master (or at least the master of this group lol) And I've seen some of your videos......I'm looking forward to meeting you and the gang on the 30th. Hope you don't mind I'll probably act like a newb lol and I will pick your brain. This is a flying event, yes? What time does it start? I'm an hour or so away. Hate to drive down there on a Saturday as I do that drive everyday during the week LOL. Where do you live?

WOW! This bird is out of my league LOL but I'm excited to fly it watching vids chasing cruise ships out to sea for a mile, etc....

Outta Control, You seem to be a master (or at least the master of this group lol) And I've seen some of your videos......I'm looking forward to meeting you and the gang on the 30th. Hope you don't mind I'll probably act like a newb lol and I will pick your brain. This is a flying event, yes? What time does it start? I'm an hour or so away. Hate to drive down there on a Saturday as I do that drive everyday during the week LOL. Where do you live?

LOL! I am no master. I just know what I know and learned. I am a lifetime student but I can see where people see that in me as I am currently a motorcycle instructor and have taught, encouraged, and arranged group rides for new riders in the past.

I can only provide a small teaser as to what is in store on that date. There will be fun competition, goal objectives, a spirit of sharing and learning, and of course some prizes. I am actually working with a local UAS shop for some prizes. Not sure about the time but at the same token I want y'all to be a little flexible on the location.

The location that Eric and I used will suit our need but just in case some may want to do some scenic video I wanted to try and accommodate them. I will provide more details as to time and location next week.

Okie Dokie, I'm flexible and if it's closer to Concord all the better LOL. I can be in the Campbell area as early as 8 am on the 30th.

Okie Dokie, I'm flexible and if it's closer to Concord all the better LOL. I can be in the Campbell area as early as 8 am on the 30th.

I would love to find a more middle ground but the issue we face is the proximity to a working airport/airfield or city ordinances not allowing any remote controlled model craft. Campbell thought even allows model rockets at 2 of their parks which is unheard of. :)

My only worry is the amount of attraction we will get but I don't know all of your personality thus I am being a little cautious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieTret