Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Be Carefull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you show me where I closed the thread because I said an Android 10.5 S doesn't fit the Inspire tablet holder please?
Just post a link and I will take a look.

Thanks.

Let us please kill this discussion. The app is not responsible for the IP's question. The remote and the app are not connected in direct fly control. They are only complimentary systems working together for the best of what is available to the inspire 1!. Hence, why one can still fly with no tablet. Move forward please.

Reactions: IrishSights
Ahhhh... thank you got it.

Now read my post again..... I was not referring to the Samsung, my post quoted Outta Controls post showing 'The ten commandments tablet'

It was an attempt at humor.

hummmm.jpg

1500ft is too high dude... thats insane. In Australia the max allowed is 400ft! And they make this rule for a reason..
You think you'll be able to descend quickly enough if a commercial or other manned aircraft is in the vicinity. Err .. Noooo

Read the user manual again and again until you thoroughly understand it.
Make sure you know exactly what you are looking at on the app.
If it all turns to **** after that give dji a spray of choice words and demand money back.
I think you will find though that alot of issues are poor pilot skills and knowledge of the product.

Read the user manual again and again until you thoroughly understand it.
Make sure you know exactly what you are looking at on the app.
If it all turns to **** after that give dji a spray of choice words and demand money back.
I think you will find though that alot of issues are poor pilot skills and knowledge of the product.
Agreed... to most of your comments. But I feel the need to stick up for some of these guys. I have piloted 3 actual different airplanes (only13hrs) and "flown" with as a Flying Crew Cheif 1000+hrs, operated 200M+ AC (F-15's,C-17's,KC10's). I have read the Manuel multiple times, always check my mod values, cross my T's dot my I's and yet have had some major flight control issues (both on .17 FW and now .3) that I know were not caused by pilot error. Only on .17 FW (compass error on "rookie mode") did I loose 1 prop and very luckily had no other damage. Call me modest, but I consider myself lucky, not skilled that I was able to land safely. These last two almost uncontrollable missions my bird tried to accomplish (FW .3) I feel I was way more lucky as she was pitching 45 degrees in random directions without commands. Back to agreeing with you ;-), Sadly only 1 in 3 actual inspire owners I've met personally (Outta Control) has had more than a clue. The other two don't frequent this site....hmmmm... and I can't believe they've made it this far! :). +1 on a few logical ditch sites :-( , from previous posts.

In my opinion, there should be no way to execute the CSC manoeuvre in flight and shut down the motors accidentally, there should be no position where an accidental stick combination shuts it down. it literally could kill someone!

What would you suggest? Agreed on it being something that can cause real damage in the ground if used improperly. All the more reason why every pilot should understand CSC and its ramifications before taking flight in my opinion.

I would love to see a requirement where before an aircraft is activated for the first time the pilot must

1) take an online pilot and aircraft knowledge test and

2) take and pass a flight test in the simulator

The systems are getting so easy to acquire and there is so much at risk, I would fully support this at this point.

What would you suggest? Agreed on it being something that can cause real damage in the ground if used improperly. All the more reason why every pilot should understand CSC and its ramifications before taking flight in my opinion.

I would love to see a requirement where before an aircraft is activated for the first time the pilot must

1) take an online pilot and aircraft knowledge test and

2) take and pass a flight test in the simulator

The systems are getting so easy to acquire and there is so much at risk, I would fully support this at this point.

well that's one way to insure that no one will ever buy a dji product again. god what a bad idea

well that's one way to insure that no one will ever buy a dji product again. god what a bad idea

I asked you before damoncooper since you are so for this CSC function, let me know if you have EVER heard anyone using this feature when they have lost control over there I1. You should look at some of the post here and you WILL see people, including advanced pilots accidentally using it and loosing their craft. So based on current data, what is your argument?

I asked you before damoncooper since you are so for this CSC function, let me know if you have EVER heard anyone using this feature when they have lost control over there I1. You should look at some of the post here and you WILL see people, including advanced pilots accidentally using it and loosing their craft. So based on current data, what is your argument?

My argument is: it's an important safety feature and its described in the manual. I wish everyone buying a DJI drone had to pass a knowledge test and flight sim test before flying and using CSC and ditching would certainly be part of the tests before you would even be allowed to unlock the motors.

The way things are going, with "dudes" with more money than sense buying drones, it's surely going to be required soon enough, and I for one, can't wait for that day.

3 years ago nobody thought "no fly zones" baked into the products would ever be a reality.

Then some jackass put a Phantom into the Whitehouse.

Study up. CSC will be on the exam.

In the simulator, practice to CSC on 500m high (max height permitted by firmware) and CSC again at 200m. It takes the I1 only a couple of seconds to drop. But it will hover at some 50m altitude.
It drops just like a rock.

Very important to be able to predict the rate of descend in free fall in case of an emergency CSC. If the bird for whatever reason ascends to the max height and you need to get it down instantly (as soon as you feel you have control back, that is).

Reactions: damoncooper

Just yesterday I suffered a fly away where my Inspire at about 10 ft from landing just veered off to the right into a thick tree line. Once it impacted the trees I could hear the engines straining, I figured that the branches were preventing the props from turning. Because the Inspire was stuck on a limb above ground level, holding down the throttle stick wouldn't have shut down the motors since the barometer would read its still in the air. The only way I could think of of shutting down the motors before they burned up was performing the CSC function which worked. I am positive if I hadn't shut the motors down I'd be sending my craft to the LA Repair station.

Another fine example of where CSC is useful.

Knight Owl,

I hope your I1 didn't suffer any damage... That being said, this forum is for help, exploration of new options and functions, peoples experiences to share and and yes, differences of opinions, so it gives people other ideas of choice... it's not a game of win or loose. I am glad the function worked for you in your case. However I stand by my opinion, CSC should never be allowed by a certain stick position to enable the I1 to shut down in mid flight, especially with 1 operator doing flying and filming, simply stating that you must always be aware of filming in a particular direction of stick control. Now damoncooper can argue that point till he's blue in the face, It doesn't matter to me, I have my opinion as everyone else does.... I would however agree it would be a good thing to utilize if there was something like a override switch but anything other then stick position.

Last edited:
CSC is a perfectly valid option for an emergency, People should know how and when to use it,

I would prefer a kill switch somewhere though, under a cover so that it cannot be accidentally triggered.

I am 100% in favour of people having to sit a course before being allowed to fly, the course should make them prove their understanding of the system they plan to use, and their competence when using it.

OK - 5 pages and 99 posts is enough on this thread I think.

Some people think that CSC to kill the motors is a good thing and necessary
Some people think it should not be there or not be able to instantly cut the motors
Some people cant make up their mind
Some people probably still don't know what it is!

Enough said.

Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu