Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Been Experimenting with Camera Settings - Found a Winning Combo

You got the time to read the link I shared proving that in fact the HDR function was already in use before the last firmware update then?
Just out of interest could you please explain to me what you consider the HDR function does?
There was NO HDR button before the last app update.

Just out of interest could you please explain to me what you consider the HDR function does?
There was NO HDR button before the last app update.
Interesting as I had proof that it WAS. Anyway. It's obviously not there now and lets hope it's back soon. :)

This is from another post but this is a screen shot of the pilot app before the updat no HDR function unless it's I was invisible it was never there

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: douglas.brownlie
This is from another post but this is a screen shot of the pilot app before the updat no HDR function unless it's I was invisible it was never there
Yep I'm with you on this one Daryl. I use that screen all the time. After update the addition of a greyed out HDR button was one of the first things I noticed. It was never there previously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rest assured guys - HDR functionality IS around the corner. It was implemented on the P3 and is coming to the Inspire. The app has now been updated to include the button and it will be included in the next firmware.

Interesting as I had proof that it WAS. Anyway. It's obviously not there now and lets hope it's back soon. :)
I'm going to apologize in advance, but Pete, YOU are annoying as F*$%!!!!
There never was HDR with The Inspire, simple has that. Having a Facebook link is hardly proof.
Having DJI confirm themselves that HDR has not been available but will be soon is proof that YOU are confused. Having 10 experienced people on this forum also tell you it was not available, 11 including me.
Again, it has not been offered as of yet so stop trying to convince us that it was.
Would it change anything anyways, it's not available now, but will be so get over it already.

Reactions: Howie_UK and Daryl
There never was HDR with The Inspire, simple has that. Having a Facebook link is hardly proof.
Having DJI confirm themselves that HDR has not been available but will be soon is proof that YOU are confused. Having 10 experienced people on this forum also tell you it was not available, 11 including me.
Again, it has not been offered as of yet so stop trying to convince us that it was.
Would it change anything anyways, it's not available now, but will be so get over it already.
Furthermore, you just joined this forum group on Saturday - great first impression - appreciate your contribution thus far.

+1 :rolleyes:

Pete,

HDR is a feature that (in app) takes a series of exposures and then tone maps them to produce an image with greater dynamic range than possible with a single exposure. My iPhone has it (doesn't work all that well).

AEB is a process of taking (in the Inspire) a series of 3 or 5 exposures at different shutter speeds to produce a set of images (over- and under-exposed) that can be processed in 3rd party software (like HDR Efex Pro by nik, or Photomatix, or even the new LR6) to tone map the images to provide the same effect, usually with a more pleasing result.

This is more than a semantic issue, Pete. You assumed that AEB, which has been a feature available from the beginning, is the same as HDR, which is not yet available, but will be offered later. Not so, and your persistence in badgering (yes, badgering!) The Editor is annoying, insulting, and shows not only your lack of knowledge about photography, but your lack of civility.

To describe myself as a novice in photography is the biggest understatement of the century! I was reading posts on this forum for months prior to buying an Inspire. I can only say as frustrated as I get when reading posts from people that have no real agenda other than to be argumentative and disrespectful. I am amazed that the majority can still give me tons of valuable information, along with some entertaining comments to someone who provides no real helpful information. I Have been flying RC my whole life and bought my inspire to have fun flying and take some great aerial shots of my building sites. Since starting I have learned so much more about photography than could have been imagined. I look to this site for information daily. Thanks to everyone, even the argumentative disrespectful people, who without, I would not have available such useful information.

+1 :rolleyes:

Pete,

HDR is a feature that (in app) takes a series of exposures and then tone maps them to produce an image with greater dynamic range than possible with a single exposure. My iPhone has it (doesn't work all that well).

AEB is a process of taking (in the Inspire) a series of 3 or 5 exposures at different shutter speeds to produce a set of images (over- and under-exposed) that can be processed in 3rd party software (like HDR Efex Pro by nik, or Photomatix, or even the new LR6) to tone map the images to provide the same effect, usually with a more pleasing result.

This is more than a semantic issue, Pete. You assumed that AEB, which has been a feature available from the beginning, is the same as HDR, which is not yet available, but will be offered later. Not so, and your persistence in badgering (yes, badgering!) The Editor is annoying, insulting, and shows not only your lack of knowledge about photography, but your lack of civility.

Thanks for taking the time to respond (without getting hot headed).
Lifes to short to get all flustered and abusive over a thread in an online forum, I believe.

I'm well aware what the HDR feature is but I understand how some may think otherwise. Yes I have the feature on my phone as well but I don't find it that effective either.

When i first posted to this thread an Inspire 1 friend mentioned that he was using the HDR feature and he was annoyed that it wasn't there since updating. I'm not a professional photographer but he is, so I assumed he was correct. I didn't think people would get so up tight if he wasn't. While I've been flying RC's all my life, I haven't been behind a camera lens for the same time. But I'm enjoying the learning curve. And that's what we're all here for isn't it? Learning?

Regards,
Pete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla