Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Before first flight?

Reaction score
Website
www.ctmphotovideo.com
My Inspire pro just arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier! When I purchased my Inspire w/ x3 I purchased it used so it was pretty much set up and ready to go.

Before I fly the Pro what precautions should I take? IMU calibration? Was planning on compass calibration and of course lense calibration.... Just wanted to make sure I had all the checks in all the boxes before I send her up!

Sorry if this is a bit trivial... I didn't really find anything in the search results so I figured you gurus could help me!

Check to see which FW version it's got and when you do your initial power up do calibrations on all systems. Make sure when you do the IMU calibration that it's on a dead flat surface and I would avoid any metal surfaces or surfaces containing metal for your calibrations. I have a countertop of marble that I use for this. When you take your first flight make sure your battery is fresh off the charger and after getting about 2 meters airborne let it hover for a few minutes and observe for stability. Gain a bit of altitude, say about 10 meters and test your controls gently. This may all seem like baby stuff but, I'm not sure of your experience level. I would only fly for about half of a battery on the first flight and if you have additional batteries, land and switch out and repeat. Check your mod values after your first compass calibration and if your within ~75 of 1500 on the compass don't recalibrate unless you move about 100 miles off your original calibration location. Practice raising and lowering your landing gear in the air and never use the auto take off or landing features. Not that they won't work but, for many people, that's the only way they know how to take off and land. When you make your first take off give it full throttle lift until it's off the ground. I've seen many people try a gentle take off and a gust of wind flips the airframe. Likewise, when landing, once your within a half meter of the ground make your commitment to land and bring it down fairly rapidly. Takeoff and landing are 2 times where being ginger with the controls if your not experienced can be a problem. I'm sure there's more and other will fill in what I missed. Good luck and good flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk