Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Before I pull the trigger...

Reaction score
I have a friend who bought an I1 recently and invited me over for the unboxing since he knows I have been thinking about it for a while now. One thing that I had a problem with was that, even though he followed all the set ups, firmware updates, and pre flight procedures posted on DJI and this forum, once the drone came online and off the ground, it immediately locked onto and ATTACKED my friend's small dog. I am not sure if the I1 didn't like the dog because it was barking at it or what but the mini dachshund was no match for the impressive acceleration of the I1 and, sure enough, it didn't end well.

Needless to say, I was sold. I am buying one on Monday.

My only question is, is this a common problem or is there a firmware update for this sort of thing?

In all seriousness though, glad to have found this forum and happy to be a member. Lots of good information. Even with the new Matrix x100 coming out I had enough info through here to know the Inspire 1 is still what I am looking for. I know you guys get all sorts of threads here so one thing I would suggest would be to make certain threads *stickied* for people who have common questions like, "is it worth the money?", "When is the inspire 2 coming?", etc., or at least a FAQ section.

One thread I found to be extremely helpful was this one, for example: http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/questions-for-current-inspire1-pilots-before-i-purchase.2820/

Two questions I do have, which are noob but I can't seem to get the answer to:

1. In your experience, is the second controller necessary for extremely well executed compositional shots or is it possible to pan the camera while moving with practice? I ask this because I may not always have an assistant with me.

2. I have noticed some coupon codes being passed around in the classifieds, some being 10%. Are these legitimate or some part of commission sales?

Regards,

Jon

it immediately locked onto and ATTACKED my friend's small dog

Really!? And you're buying one because of this? Or don't like small dogs.

threads *stickied* for people who have common questions like, "is it worth the money?", "When is the inspire 2 coming?", etc., or at least a FAQ section.

Worthwhile threads are stickied, maybe not all. As for "is it worth the money" only you can be the judge, and "when is the I2 coming out" when it's almost ready based on previous launches.

There are a lot of good threads on here and a lot time wasting threads, read, read and learn, find someone near who hasn't got a small dog and watch them fly and judge for yourself.

Q1; possibly after a lot of practice, IMO I'd prefer a cam op, one less thing to worry about.
Q2; no idea about those, happy hunting.

As said before there are a lot of pilots on here you've had problems be it RX/AC/FW/APP etc, but there are a lot more happily flying.

Best of luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian