Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bent X5 Gimball arm?

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I've been using my Inspire 1 Pro for about three months now without any issues. But last week, i was out for a quick flight over the beach. I had great GPS signal (15 to 17) and full radio signal.

I take off, and as soon the bird is in the air, i observe stranges behaviors. The drone had difficulties to simply hold his altitude. When i gave more throttle for a second and bring the stick back to zero, it kept rising. When i did the opposite, it kept descending... So i thought: «Hey, there's a problem, let's bring that thing back.»

After a couple of second, the bird is back at about 2 feet above the ground, i gently push the throttle down to land, but the Inspire act weird again and the result is a SLIGHTLY hard landing. I say slightly because it wasn't anything too hard... on soft grass, no free fall, you see what i mean.

After a quick inspection, nothing's broken. I reset the inspire, the App and the controller and bring it back up in the air. After this, no more altitude problem, but i had difficulties getting the horizon straight. I still manage to finish my flight. When got the X5 into his case, i notice it's slightly harder to fit in. At this moment, i realize that there is a little gap between the two section of the gimball arm (see the picture attached). It look like the arm got bent in the landing manoeuvre.

Now i'm a bit confused. Do someone already got the same problem? Is it easily fixable? Am simply paranoing? It's hard to believe it can bend so easily knowing it's a professional piece of equipment and that it's «build to last» in DJI's words.

I'm hoping to find a solution (other than buying another 3 000$ device).

It's clearly not my fault, but DJI won't really care about that.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_4276.JPG
    IMG_4276.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
Hi guys!

I've been using my Inspire 1 Pro for about three months now without any issues. But last week, i was out for a quick flight over the beach. I had great GPS signal (15 to 17) and full radio signal.

I take off, and as soon the bird is in the air, i observe stranges behaviors. The drone had difficulties to simply hold his altitude. When i gave more throttle for a second and bring the stick back to zero, it kept rising. When i did the opposite, it kept descending... So i thought: «Hey, there's a problem, let's bring that thing back.»

After a couple of second, the bird is back at about 2 feet above the ground, i gently push the throttle down to land, but the Inspire act weird again and the result is a SLIGHTLY hard landing. I say slightly because it wasn't anything too hard... on soft grass, no free fall, you see what i mean.

After a quick inspection, nothing's broken. I reset the inspire, the App and the controller and bring it back up in the air. After this, no more altitude problem, but i had difficulties getting the horizon straight. I still manage to finish my flight. When got the X5 into his case, i notice it's slightly harder to fit in. At this moment, i realize that there is a little gap between the two section of the gimball arm (see the picture attached). It look like the arm got bent in the landing manoeuvre.

Now i'm a bit confused. Do someone already got the same problem? Is it easily fixable? Am simply paranoing? It's hard to believe it can bend so easily knowing it's a professional piece of equipment and that it's «build to last» in DJI's words.

I'm hoping to find a solution (other than buying another 3 000$ device).

It's clearly not my fault, but DJI won't really care about that.

Thank you!
If you haven't done so already you need to update the firmware to v1.9.1.30 which addresses the barometer issue you appear to be suffering.

If you haven't done so already you need to update the firmware to v1.9.1.30 which addresses the barometer issue you appear to be suffering.

I didn't since i was out of town for 7 days (and i personnally never do an update in the middle of a job). But i think the device should not try to self-destruct because i did not updated the day the patch came out...

I didn't since i was out of town for 7 days (and i personnally never do an update in the middle of a job). But i think the device should not try to self-destruct because i did not updated the day the patch came out...
But there is a bug in the firmware you are running that affects altitude hold and stability so I would update asap.

But there is a bug in the firmware you are running that affects altitude hold and stability so I would update asap.

I'll do it before my next flight, i guarantee you. I won't risk a serious crash. But for now, my biggest issue is the bent gimball arm. Do you think there is a way to disassemble the arm and get it back it shape?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk