Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best 64gig micro sd to use with Inspire...

Reaction score
I need help choosing the correct sandisk or other micro sd to use with inspire. So many choices and read a post that using the wrong one can result in errors and even over heating to almost meltdown. There are so many choices and prices range from $40 to $300. I want the best but don't want to over buy either. Found some 4K uhd ones at a speed of 95 another at 280. The 300 dollar one is on sale for 100, but I'm lost. Can't find answers anywhere if you can help a micro sd dummy I would be very grateful.

Or perhaps go for a couple of 16GB cards rather than one big expensive one.
64GB will hold many complete flights of 4K video or still photos.
No point in keeping so much on the card and risking losing it by sending it out again with the Inspire.
Safer to have several smaller cards (16GB still holds plenty) and change them between flights.

Reactions: jon b
Or perhaps go for a couple of 16GB cards rather than one big expensive one.
64GB will hold many complete flights of 4K video or still photos.
No point in keeping so much on the card and risking losing it by sending it out again with the Inspire.
Safer to have several smaller cards (16GB still holds plenty) and change them between flights.

So with that said, what is the best micro SD card in the 16GB range for the i1 and why?

I use Lexar 633x 128Gb without any problem. If you don't have any specific reason to use 64Gb, why don't you try 128Gb?

I use Lexar 633x 128Gb without any problem. If you don't have any specific reason to use 64Gb, why don't you try 128Gb?
Same here - not had a single issue with the Lexar 633x cards in all flavours ...... 16Gb, 32Gb, 64Gb etc.

Reactions: jon b
I have used the SanDisk 64gb Micro SDXC UHS-1 Class-10 card with great success. Claimed write speed is "up to 60MB/s**" but it all depends upon the X3's or other device's transfer rate.

Attachments

• Micro SD SanDisk.jpg
    Micro SD SanDisk.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 14
So with that said, what is the best micro SD card in the 16GB range for the i1 and why?
I haven't tested with the Inspire but if it works like the Phantom 3, the whole concept of buying "the best" card is pointless.
With the P3, the camera itself is the bottleneck and you get no improvement for a "better" card beyond faster transfer to your computer.
It's a case of good enough is good enough as long as it meets DJI specs:
Supported SD Card TypesMicro SD
Max capacity: 64 GB. Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required.

Lexar gets my vote. Use both the 633x and 300x cards and they work well for video. The 300x are a bit slow when taking lots of photos or doing HDR brackets. Also have had good luck with Sony brand cards, both the lexars and Sony are much less expensive than sandisk, which as a brand I feel is overrated (at least for the price).

I went to the field without my cards this weekend and had to pick up some quickly at the local shop.
I got a Sandisk Extreme 16gb, class 10 U3. It was around 10 USD and seems to have worked fine.

I picked up a lexar 633x in the shop next door after getting the sandisk, just incase the sandisk didnt work, as I know the lexar ones do.

Interestingly, the price is the same, the lexar says class 10 U1, on the packaging the lexar states 10MB/s write speed, and the Sandisk states 40MB/s write speed.

be aware that the 633x is read speed, which is 95MB/s, the sandisk only has a read speed of 600x which is 90MB/s
I will be using the sandisk from now on, since it has a faster write speed. Although I am almost sure that I wont need it.

The plus side of leaving my cards in the office is that I now have 4 16gb cards, and cant forsee needing to back them up in the field in order to resuse them :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla