Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

'Best' Editor

Reaction score
Ok, so this is a very subjective subject, I realize that. I subscribed to Adobe Premier Pro but unfortunately I don't have a degree in nuclear physics and really don't have the time to properly sit down and learn how to use it. I know that's a weak excuse but we all have lives to lead. Movie Maker in Windows is easy but too basic. I've not used iMovie on Apple, is it better than Movie Maker?

I guess I'm looking for a video editor that has things like PIP but is reasonably intuitive. I'm not a dullard but I work 12 hours a day (in IT) and really don't have time to spend too much time learning.

So....What sits between Movie Maker and CC which ideally I can run on my Windows PC. I could buy an Apple but its just another expense.

Please don't berate me for not learning stuff, I know it sounds bad but its life :)

premier pro is not that hard actually. i learned the basics in a couple of hours. if you have a monster pc (lots of ram and good cpu and gpu) you can do many things real time. you would not ne more than an hour or two. - in case you have that time apart from work time- i know and understand dou do not want to spend more time on learning after work but it is really not that difficult.
you could give - check it - pinacle studio a try. fairly easy. other ones like edius or avid is used often but last is rather hard infact harder- for me at least.
davinci is another one but that is a whole different league - expert super editor mode needs to be accomplished to even make it work - LOL
have a look at the pinacle, might be a help.

hope i could be of positive response. :)
cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so this is a very subjective subject, I realize that. I subscribed to Adobe Premier Pro but unfortunately I don't have a degree in nuclear physics and really don't have the time to properly sit down and learn how to use it. I know that's a weak excuse but we all have lives to lead. Movie Maker in Windows is easy but too basic. I've not used iMovie on Apple, is it better than Movie Maker?

I guess I'm looking for a video editor that has things like PIP but is reasonably intuitive. I'm not a dullard but I work 12 hours a day (in IT) and really don't have time to spend too much time learning.

So....What sits between Movie Maker and CC which ideally I can run on my Windows PC. I could buy an Apple but its just another expense.

Please don't berate me for not learning stuff, I know it sounds bad but its life :)
I use both MM and IM, AP is easy to work with. check out this thread.
Video editing?

Dont waste your time with MM. Go to youtube and search for "basic Premiere tutorial". You'll be functional in no time and you'll never look back.

Yeah, Premiere Pro is NOT that hard to learn and as has been mentioned there are many tutorials on Youtube that can take you as far as you need to go. Check this link by a guy named Channing Lowe AKA "chinfat" -- he provides a very detailed guide through almost anything you would want to know about PP and you can pick the section that interests you. I'd recommend going through the whole series and then going back to specific sections when you need to.

Brian

Reactions: Phatzo
I've been editing with Avid Media Composer ever since it came out, but have also just recently jumped into Premier Pro...had to learn it from scratch. You can pick up the basics easily through Adobe or slog through tutorials on You Tube. You can get up to speed quickly. Premier is really nice because it interfaces seamlessly with all the other Adobe products. Premier is a great editing platform...you should have no need to jump to any other editing software.

Does Adobe Premier Pro have any DJI presets like Photoshop does?

Not sure...wasn't even aware that Photoshop had DJI presets. All I know is that you can easily color correct in Premier. My company has over 20 edit suites...we've been using Avid, but are now moving to Premier.

Not sure...wasn't even aware that Photoshop had DJI presets. All I know is that you can easily color correct in Premier. My company has over 20 edit suites...we've been using Avid, but are now moving to Premier.

Photoshop CC has presets for the Inspire X3 camera in the lens correction filter to remove the wavy horizon distortion that some of us experience.

Davinnci Resolve 12 is extremly easy to edit videos, you will find excellent instructions on YouTube.

Ive decided for a number of reasons to get the 27" imac i7 16Gb Ram2TB Fusion drive and run Final Cut.

All this goes to show is that I ask for advice and completely ignore it :)

Last edited:
i personally user FCPX and Davinci, i don't use davinci editing as i prefer to use FCPX mostly because i can use motion to create nice titles

this may be a lack of knowledge of resolve but i think its not possible to create titles like that in resolve 12 yet.

Ive decided for a number of reasons to get the 27" imac i7 16Gb Ram2TB Fusion drive and run Final Cut.

I am using the same except since I'm new to editing please don't take my word for anything, I just thought it was economical for my needs.

A lot of people make bad decisions but this wasn't one!

Chris

I have used Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro. Before using either of them I used Nero Suite. Its inexpensive and does the job. However, I agree with those that say PP is not that difficult. An evening of YouTube videos will get you going and then you have the option of using as much of it's complexities as you want. The better you get with the tool, the more you will want to use its many features. At the same time if you want to keep it simple, just use the basic elements of the tool. I think with any tool like PP or FCP, you need to use it often to retain proficiency. The other thing I like about PP, if you use other Adobe products like Photoshop, the interface is quite similar. For example, the concept of layers.

what about editing on my ipad as I don't use the computer anymore???? Are there any good apps or sites for the ipad???

I use Magix Video Pro X7. I do a lot of video in addition to the Inspire and Phantom stuff. It is a little quirky to learn but I like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth