Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best export settings Premiere Pro

Reaction score
Did a quick search and found nothing. I remember seeing a thread on this over a year ago and used some of the recommended settings but was curious to find out if more experienced editors had some new updates.
I have been using
1080p,
23.976 fps,
VBR 2 pass
target bitrate 32
I find the standard youtube 1080p unsatisfactory and VBR 1 pass not as good.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What spec camera are you flying?

VBR1 pass won't be as good, the downfall is your render takes twice as long if you do VBR 2, so enable this when you're doing the final version.
It will give you a small gain. Just enable it when you're doing your FINAL FINAL version just before you upload. Until then, might as well save time and leave it off.
Your bit rate target should be whatever your native output is. Download media info, analyze the source codec bitrate and export it no lower or higher than that.
If you have it select, render at maximum depth and use maximum render quality.

Probably best to capture in 2.7k or 4k if you can. If you put **** in, you'll get **** out.
So make sure you're all exposed right, shutter speeds right (if applicable), shoot at a good time of day.

What spec camera are you flying? Your bit rate target should be whatever your native output is.
(I'm still scratching my head over that) Walksalot. From what you have posted, from the get go your shooting at 23.976fps, aka film look, which will be soft and blurry with lots of motion, try 30. Target BR 32? I'm thinking your saying 3200kbps. Most if not all DVDs have a bit rate of 6-8 megs a sec, that's 6000-8000 bits per sec. If your going to BluRay some export up to 24 megs per sec. Most eyes can't see much difference, pixel peepers can. You should ask yourself "what's my target audience?" If it's youtube, the preset is just fine at 8megs a sec (personally, more than enough) because most ISDN, T1, (old school) connections can't deliver to the user at that bit rate. Yes there's fiber connections, but it's not fiber all the way to your house or device. If it's a DVD, that BR is above. BluRay, have at it, choke the horse all you want! If people are exporting 10megs a sec and higher on youtube they are wasting time and drive space because not many can even stream that kind of bit rate to a device, kinda like packing 10lbs of crap in a 1lb box theory. Now this is my own opinion, and there may be people that can have 10, 20megs a sec to a device, but I surly don't want to pay their internet connection bill every month! :D less than .1%

Last edited:
What spec camera are you flying?

VBR1 pass won't be as good, the downfall is your render takes twice as long if you do VBR 2, so enable this when you're doing the final version.
It will give you a small gain. Just enable it when you're doing your FINAL FINAL version just before you upload. Until then, might as well save time and leave it off.
Your bit rate target should be whatever your native output is. Download media info, analyze the source codec bitrate and export it no lower or higher than that.
If you have it select, render at maximum depth and use maximum render quality.

Probably best to capture in 2.7k or 4k if you can. If you put **** in, you'll get **** out.
So make sure you're all exposed right, shutter speeds right (if applicable), shoot at a good time of day.
Thanks for the reply. Camera is the x3

(I'm still scratching my head over that) Walksalot. From what you have posted, from the get go your shooting at 23.976fps, aka film look, which will be soft and blurry with lots of motion, try 30. Target BR 32? I'm thinking your saying 3200kbps. Most if not all DVDs have a bit rate of 6-8 megs a sec, that's 6000-8000 bits per sec. If your going to BluRay some export up to 24 megs per sec. Most eyes can't see much difference, pixel peepers can. You should ask yourself "what's my target audience?" If it's youtube, the preset is just fine at 8megs a sec (personally, more than enough) because most ISDN, T1, (old school) connections can't deliver to the user at that bit rate. Yes there's fiber connections, but it's not fiber all the way to your house or device. If it's a DVD, that BR is above. BluRay, have at it, choke the horse all you want! If people are exporting 10megs a sec and higher on youtube they are wasting time and drive space because not many can even stream that kind of bit rate to a device, kinda like packing 10lbs of crap in a 1lb box theory. Now this is my own opinion, and there may be people that can have 10, 20megs a sec to a device, but I surly don't want to pay their internet connection bill every month! :D less than .1%
Thanks again for the reply . All very useful information, as usual from this amazing forum.

Video Codec settings

With that in mind, when you finish your edit just navigate to File “Export” Media. In the Export Settings panel under format select H.264 which is the officially supported video codec by YouTube required for all videos uploaded on the platform.

Bitrate Settings

According to official YouTube recommendations, the typical bitrate of your HD videos should be set to 8 Mbps. It’s worth mentioning that there is no bitrate limit required, though, YouTube offers some recommended bit rates for reference that you can find below. If you are uploading 4K video, then you should set a bitrate between 35 and 68 Mbps depending on the frame rate of your footage.

Audio codec settings

As for the audio choosing the AAC format and 320 bitrate will do the job just fine. At last but not least, don’t forget to check Use Maximum Render Quality before hitting Export.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah