Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Firmware Version for Inspire 1?

rmb

Reaction score
Website
overexposures.net
I love my Inspire 1 and have flow the heck out of it for over a year with nothing but pleasurable results and performance. I am always reading post entitled "Don't upgrade" Flyaway!", etc.

Anyway I am more of a believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" than always staying current. I am also always afraid that a firmware update might remove features or restrict flight areas more, have bugs, etc. As a result I haven't updated in almost a year. And again haven't had a single issue. I would love it if we could open a discussion and get everyone's 2 cents on the best firmware version/s for the inspire 1?

Thanks and Fly Safely!

rb

Reactions: Black Sky
I love my Inspire 1 and have flow the heck out of it for over a year with nothing but pleasurable results and performance. I am always reading post entitled "Don't upgrade" Flyaway!", etc.

Anyway I am more of a believer in "if it ain't broke don't fix it" than always staying current. I am also always afraid that a firmware update might remove features or restrict flight areas more, have bugs, etc. As a result I haven't updated in almost a year. And again haven't had a single issue. I would love it if we could open a discussion and get everyone's 2 cents on the best firmware version/s for the inspire 1?

Thanks and Fly Safely!

rb
The problem with that is what one person considers the best firmware will not suit someone else.
Someone may say v1.xx is the best because I can get 60mph out of my Inspire and another will say "No v1.xxx is better because it has POI.
And another will say " For me the best is......."
You get the idea. :)

The problem with that is what one person considers the best firmware will not suit someone else.
Someone may say v1.xx is the best because I can get 60mph out of my Inspire and another will say "No v1.xxx is better because it has POI.
And another will say " For me the best is......."
You get the idea. :)

Perhaps, but even this information could be very useful for the rest of us that have no idea of the differences.

It would be nice to know the disadvantages of the latest version, to start with, and why a older version may be more desirable.

V1.3 is where they began to strangle the power but you loose features like Waypoints, SDK support ect with out it , it's also interesting a number of the older FW version for both the P3 and Inspire are removed from both the dji site and the release notes, erased from history, makes you wonder what was in those they don't want you getting, there were a lot of battery issues mid to late last year, perhaps the two are linked [emoji848]

Who knows but I do know for the P3 you want to stay clear of V1.4 but was never fully told why.

The Inspire on early FW goes like hell compared to now, and I REALLY don't like the reduced propulsion output thing they introduced, a half baked solution in my eyes.

I too am curious about advantages / disadvantages. I am a long time Phantom pilot, have a couple P3's and now the Phantom 4, but just yesterday pulled the trigger on an Inspire (introducing myself into them by purchasing the v 2.0 as it's dirt cheap compared to others)

I have absolutely NO idea what it will come with, but would love an idea on what to expect with various versions. I am not looking to fly one at rip roaring speeds, as I will be using this for filming and pictures, I also am not concerned with going 3+ miles, but I wouldn't mind having the option if ever needed.

Thanks in advance!

I would like to have more speed, but the solved battery issues out weigh the speed. I don't need a random crash because I forgot to top up the battery before a flight. I do make sure I use my 5 batteries in order so they are equally used, but mistakes happen. It's handy knowing the battery isn't going to randomly drop from 70% to 5% in seconds.

Plus why not have a firmware that detects battery temperature and limits the speed? If your drawing too much current from a lipo it puffs up, DJI is on the ball here.

My recommendation if you want to use older firmware (I update to the most current each time). Stick with the firmware from Dec which is when they fixed the battery problem (from what I recall).

"WM610_FW_V01.05.00.30.bin"

Ben

I think a lot of people do what people in my industry call "pixel peep" if you are looking for a flaw you will find it no matter how minor it is. Ive used almost every firmware and tbh there are little nuances in each but nothing I have felt as to be detrimental to safety of me or the bird.as i have stated before, if you can't fly in manual conditions then you really should be reconsidering how you are doing things. Not to sound mean but if you don't know your machine and how it operates, you can be a risk to yourself and others esp if you are doing this in a commercial capacity. You can always override the oh crap moments by flipping the switch.

Reactions: arcaine25
just an update (if anyone cares :) ) My Inspire V 2.0 arrived Friday.Firmware on the bird was 1.4 something or another. The TB47 battery in the kit was DOA, completely lifeless.. wouldn't respond to charge or anything. DJI is replacing it of course, but it sucks, because I wanted to burn it in with that battery. Good thing is I ordered 3 TB48's, and two arrived same day, lucky me!

Anyway, Because I use an iPad mini 2 STRICTLY for my Phantoms, I also decided to use it with my Inspire. I do not connect it to the internet, ever.. Reason being I don't want it knowing when there are updates, and then screaming at me to do so.. only downfall was that I am on 2.8.3 (needed to update certain things for P4, so had to get 2.8.3) and it did not like the 1.4 firmware. I upgraded it to the 01.08.01.00, and it went smooth as silk. The inspire is extremely responsive, gets 50+ MPH easy, and distance is no issue either.. I had absolutely NO idea how quick these big boys were, and how fast they can get out to a couple + thousand feet! As I mentioned earlier, distance isn't a concern, but would love to be able to if necessary, and it will definitely go!

This one was a model T601 with a GL658B Tx, and not the C version, just FYI...

Anyway, so far, 01.08.01.00 seems solid, and I have no complaints!

Last edited:
Is there anyplace to find all of the older firmware versions to download? I had a drive crash but had not kept a backup of my DJI folder with all the old versions!

Is there anyplace to find all of the older firmware versions to download? I had a drive crash but had not kept a backup of my DJI folder with all the old versions!

how old? last I looked they have a list of a few revisions back on the DJI website.

Upgraded to 1.9.10. Early on next flight a large yellow rectangular box appeared with message ...critical error land immediately. Landed took off again - message battery level critically low (battery was 100%). Landed, tried again - distance away measurement bottom left of screen - blank. Retried - message - gimbal not connected - no video.
I've since downgraded to 1.8.
So how do I know when to trust that DJI has fixed the problems AND tested their fixes. Several of my friends have stopped doing upgrades until more wealthy people confirm that the fixes and upgrades are trustable. Not a good day for DJI.

Reactions: Flybysight
how old? last I looked they have a list of a few revisions back on the DJI website.

I just need to get back to a FW that will allow for the 32 ch hack for a particular job...however, I don't remember which version either had it or allowed for it to be activated.

I just need to get back to a FW that will allow for the 32 ch hack for a particular job...however, I don't remember which version either had it or allowed for it to be activated.

If I am not mistaken that is the Go App update that can cancel out the 32 channel hack, but I have yet to see anyone unable to use the 32 channel hack with the current Go App.

just an update (if anyone cares :) ) My Inspire V 2.0 arrived Friday.Firmware on the bird was 1.4 something or another. The TB47 battery in the kit was DOA, completely lifeless.. wouldn't respond to charge or anything. DJI is replacing it of course, but it sucks, because I wanted to burn it in with that battery. Good thing is I ordered 3 TB48's, and two arrived same day, lucky me!

Anyway, Because I use an iPad mini 2 STRICTLY for my Phantoms, I also decided to use it with my Inspire. I do not connect it to the internet, ever.. Reason being I don't want it knowing when there are updates, and then screaming at me to do so.. only downfall was that I am on 2.8.3 (needed to update certain things for P4, so had to get 2.8.3) and it did not like the 1.4 firmware. I upgraded it to the 01.08.01.00, and it went smooth as silk. The inspire is extremely responsive, gets 50+ MPH easy, and distance is no issue either.. I had absolutely NO idea how quick these big boys were, and how fast they can get out to a couple + thousand feet! As I mentioned earlier, distance isn't a concern, but would love to be able to if necessary, and it will definitely go!

This one was a model T601 with a GL658B Tx, and not the C version, just FYI...

Anyway, so far, 01.08.01.00 seems solid, and I have no complaints!
How do you get maps and location if you never connect to the internet?

For my flying I do the same thing, turn off the internet before running the app. Then quit the app and turn internet on again. I also set it so the go app can't use data. I don't find that I need the maps, I do a visual inspection of the flight area and the GPS and such knows where it is so it can come home etc. I guess the only benefit of a map is if you fly your bird beyond line of sight...or use the waypoints...which I don't.

Hello all, just joined this thread today and just received my inspire 1 today. I'm seeing lots of concerns about firmware version and was inquiring is the latest one fine (1.9.1.30) or is it buggy? I don't want to start off on the wrong foot. Any advice would be appreciated while my batteries charge up...BTW i got a dud battery also so glad i bought a spare before coming home.

Thanks in advance

Hello all, just joined this thread today and just received my inspire 1 today. I'm seeing lots of concerns about firmware version and was inquiring is the latest one fine (1.9.1.30) or is it buggy? I don't want to start off on the wrong foot. Any advice would be appreciated while my batteries charge up...BTW i got a dud battery also so glad i bought a spare before coming home.

Thanks in advance
It's been fine for me.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

How do you get maps and location if you never connect to the internet?

The first time I connect it all up I have internet connection, it caches the maps, then after that, I shut WiFi off compeltely. Location is based on GPS coordinates.

Putting in my two cents...

I've been flying since 1.8 and upgraded to 1.9. I experienced slight loss of control on 1.9. I would suddenly experience loss of altitude at a relatively slow rate, but I couldn't correct other than slow descent. I luckily was only about 10 feet off the ground. There is a youtube video that shows my experience minus the crash:

He says that 1.8 fixed his issue with loss of control. I would always reference the release notes, and if they aren't substantial enough don't upgrade. I follow The DroneU as well, and they say they don't upgrade for reasons like this.

I had a ESC status erro resulting in a crash recently (failed motor due to Electronic Speed Control). I got it back with firmware version: 1.9.1.30+ It's interesting, because I've never seen the "+" on a firmware. I suspect they have some kind of firmware update that is in factory only. I haven't test flown yet due to time, and I want to do my due diligence in researching all the firmware versions I have to ensure I won't have any issues.

Good luck!

Reactions: Dic181

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrocksshuttle