Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best tablet for the DJI app?

Reaction score
In another thread, I asked what the best device was to run the DJI Go app as my Nexus 6P, with all its apps and beta OS and whatnot, the DJI Go app runs like total garbage. Lagging video, freezing, etc...all kinds of horrible performance.

Everyone told me to get an iThing.

What did I get?

Stay tuned for the next vid talking about my experiences doing Dronebase missions today for the first time with my choice of tablet. That video is currently rendering and will go live Wednesday afternoon/evening. :-D

--Brent

Reactions: Advexure
In another thread, I asked what the best device was to run the DJI Go app as my Nexus 6P, with all its apps and beta OS and whatnot, the DJI Go app runs like total garbage. Lagging video, freezing, etc...all kinds of horrible performance.

What did I get?

Stay tuned for the next vid talking about my experiences doing Dronebase missions today for the first time with my choice of tablet. That video is currently rendering and will go live Wednesday afternoon/evening. :-D

--Brent

Hi Brent - I personally would recommend the iPad Air 2. This is the device I've been flying with since I got my own Phantom and I2 and it's always come through for me. My only complaint would be battery life, particularly flying in warm or cold conditions. In my opinion this is the best tablet out there for flying DJI drones. I can also definitely recommend a new CrystalSky Monitor but the downside there is that you don't get the added benefit that a tablet can provide outside of using it with your drone. You can read a bit more about the CrystalSky here: DJI CrystalSky Drone Video Monitor

Let us know if you have any further questions.

-Cavan

Hi Brent - I personally would recommend the iPad Air 2. This is the device I've been flying with since I got my own Phantom and I2 and it's always come through for me. My only complaint would be battery life, particularly flying in warm or cold conditions. In my opinion this is the best tablet out there for flying DJI drones. I can also definitely recommend a new CrystalSky Monitor but the downside there is that you don't get the added benefit that a tablet can provide outside of using it with your drone. You can read a bit more about the CrystalSky here: DJI CrystalSky Drone Video Monitor

Let us know if you have any further questions.

-Cavan

Thanks for the feedback but, aside from the fact that I'll never buy an iThing, I can't imagine how an iThing could be any better than what I got. Maybe I'll give one a shot someday if I come across someone with one, but the tablet I got...could NOT recommend it more highly...ESPEICALLY if you root it and put a totally stripped out, barren ROM on it like I did. It was 100% flawless through all EIGHT Dronebase missions yesterday...all for a mere 150 bucks.

Really can't beat it with a stick, man...

What did I get?

--Brent
?
Another 'What tablet' thread?....... Do we Really need another one?
Inspire 2 Tablet?
Best tablet to use.
Question about best tablet to buy
Android Tablet Comparison
Which iPad

And so on..............

Reactions: Advexure

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members