Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Best way to level Inspire 1

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by Acsmashing, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Acsmashing

I would like to know how you guys level your Inspire 1 for IMU calibrations and/or gimbal calibrations. I want to know the most efficient way to quickly level the Inspire 1 when you're out in the field, where finding a level granite counter-top is not going to work.

Thanks!

2. DCGOO

Normally the IMU calibration is done at home, and only done once, or perhaps when the firmware is changed. I would never try to level the thing at the field. Compass calibration can be done at the field

3. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

I only ever do an IMU calibration at home in a known good position.
    Same with compass calibration. I have never had to do a compass calibration in the field and never want to for the risk of a skewed result.
    These are my personal flying preferences. Some people like to calibrate every time they change their battery or change their mind......I don't!

m1ch1gan likes this.
  4. tweaker

Do you IMU calibrate on a spirit levelled board like me at ground level away from metal objects like me?
    Or do you have another way of doing it?

5. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

IMU calibration done on a level table. (Being away from metal objects etc not important for that bit...only compass cal affected by metal)
    Compass calibration done in an area of my garden I have used for the past couple of years and I know is a good spot free from magnetic influences etc.