Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Beware remote firmware update.

Reaction score
This morning I updated to version 1.7.40 on my remotes and lost use of the slave controller. After 2 hours of going around in circles on DJI chat I'm no wiser. I was advised to downgrade the controllers to 1.6 but having done this the master displayed only the Phantoms and I have the inspire 1. I have now upgraded back to 1.7.40 in the master but can't change the slave from 1.6

The final advice from DJI was that it was probable that my devices (Samsungs) were not compatible with the Go app 2.8.3. I have been using them for 10 months. Can anyone help please?

This morning I updated to version 1.7.40 on my remotes and lost use of the slave controller. After 2 hours of going around in circles on DJI chat I'm no wiser. I was advised to downgrade the controllers to 1.6 but having done this the master displayed only the Phantoms and I have the inspire 1. I have now upgraded back to 1.7.40 in the master but can't change the slave from 1.6

The final advice from DJI was that it was probable that my devices (Samsungs) were not compatible with the Go app 2.8.3. I have been using them for 10 months. Can anyone help please?
Did you try fly the bird?Its all ok?I made the mistake upgrading aswell, have a v2 1 remote.

I went through this with DJI and made slave the master and master slave to no avail. Now I can't get the option on the controller settings screen, it simply reads 'Disconnected'

The 'About' screen for the Master reads as follows:
App: 2.8.3, Version: 1.9.1.30, Camera: 1.8.1.00, RC: 1.7.40, Serial No: 041D331288
The Slave reads:
App: 2.8.3, Version N/A, Camera: blank, RC: 1.5.80, Serial No: blank
It seems to me that the salve is not registering for some reason but I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Did you try fly the bird?Its all ok?I made the mistake upgrading aswell, have a v2 1 remote.
I'm a little wary of flying when I'm not sure what's going on. I've started the motors up and the controls seem to be altering the motor speeds ok.

Reactions: Lesmess
I'm a little wary of flying when I'm not sure what's going on. I've started the motors up and the controls seem to be altering the motor speeds ok.
For me was a pain in the S to update,I rolled back the firmware a couple of times,the app read Phantom 3 after that read phantom 4,and now I can connect to my bird,try downgrade the firmware!

Socrats,

Lets hope a knowledgeable Inspire owner on this forum can bail us both out. My permission doesn't allow me to operate solo so I'm desperate for a solution.

I was just about to ask about this firmware as it popped up on me today asking me to upgrade, I haven't as of yet and probably won't now.

This issue seems to be with the latest version of the DJI Go app and upgrading Inspire controllers (master or slave). I was experiencing a similar problem. When I upgraded the RCs and I cycled the RC power as instructed by the DJI Go app after the 1.7.40 upgrade, I got a RC mode selection error message and a beeping red light on the RC (Both master and slave did this). and the option to change from master or slave disappeared from the Go app!. I tried downgrading the RC's firmware but it did not make a difference. After several cycles of upgrading/downgrading on both RC's I finally decided to get my backup mobile device for the slave controller (IPad Mini 4) that still had the previous version of the DJI go app from the DJI Go app update released yesterday and volia! I was able to successfully complete the upgrade process on both RCs to 1.7.40 and use the master /slave functionality once again using that older version of the DJI Go app. Once I successfully upgraded both RCs firmware I could also use the new version of the DJI Go app on both RC's Weird?

Reactions: Yiannis.B
EDIT:
Nevermind.. user mistake. I've mixed up “"Switch Gimbal Mode" with “Gimbal Tilt/Pan".
Sorry, my bad.

Hi.
I'm experiencing another issue with this upgrade.
With 1.6 I was able to set the C2 Button to "Switch Gimbal Mode" to switch between Pitch and Yaw for the left wheel of the remote.
With 1.7.40 I can still set the option but the camera stays in pitch mode and refuses to yaw no matter how hard I press C2.
C1 for resetting the cam orientation works fine btw. and moving the cam freely by tab-and-hold (blue circle) is also possible.

Can someone confirm this issue?

Last edited:
Ok Anyone know how to downgrade an app on an iPad to the previous version?? My app is asking me to upgrade firmware on both controllers??? I have lost cam controls for my slave... My slave remote is acting like a master.. (It starts and stops motors) anyone else getting this? Any and all help appreciated..
I really wish I didn't upgrade app then now no slave control and both controllers asking for upgrade...

For me was a pain in the S to update,I rolled back the firmware a couple of times,the app read Phantom 3 after that read phantom 4,and now I can connect to my bird,try downgrade the firmware!
Mine is acting similar the Slave Started the motors!!!

Ok Anyone know how to downgrade an app on an iPad to the previous version?? My app is asking me to upgrade firmware on both controllers??? I have lost cam controls for my slave... My slave remote is acting like a master.. (It starts and stops motors) anyone else getting this? Any and all help appreciated..
I really wish I didn't upgrade app then now no slave control and both controllers asking for upgrade...

Start the app up connected to controller, hold in the graduation hat thing in top right corner, hold that for a while and release a new page will come up and give you options to roll back etc.. If it doesn't come up keep trying it will happen.

Start the app up connected to controller, hold in the graduation hat thing in top right corner, hold that for a while and release a new page will come up and give you options to roll back etc.. If it doesn't come up keep trying it will happen.
Thank you for your response I have downgraded the firmware on RC Still NO SLAVE CONTROL...
I am trying to down grade my IPad to the previous version of the iTunes app.. Any idea? I tried deleting it and reinstalling but it installs the most up to date version... Advise?

Thank you for your response I have downgraded the firmware on RC Still NO SLAVE CONTROL...
I am trying to down grade my IPad to the previous version of the iTunes app.. Any idea? I tried deleting it and reinstalling but it installs the most up to date version... Advise?

I'm not sure you will be able to as once it's updated on the App Store the other download/file will be deleted and replaced with the new updated version. There maybe a way around it but I'm really not sure.

Did you do this on both controllers, probably a silly question.

Did you do this on both controllers, probably a silly question.
Yes did on both... Just figured it out , had to downgrade both to previous version. Then, update the rc firmware on Master FIRST!!! Then Do slave SECOND. I just performed this and am happy to say IT WORKED!! I now am updated app on both slave and master RC without any issues and full gimbal control. Hope this helps others... Thanks

Yes did on both... Just figured it out , had to downgrade both to previous version. Then, update the rc firmware on Master FIRST!!! Then Do slave SECOND. I just performed this and am happy to say IT WORKED!! I now am updated app on both slave and master RC without any issues and full gimbal control. Hope this helps others... Thanks
The slave doesn't give me the option to downgrade. In the 'Remote Controller Settings' screen I have only Gimbal Speed, Stick Mode & Button Customisation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah