Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Beware remote firmware update.

Interesting. This weekend I finally had the chance to fly my Inspire 1 v2 with the "new" firmware. This is also the first time I used my "new" Ipad Mini 4 w/cellular (had been using my Ipad Air w/cellular). I also got the "Weak Signal" warning a couple times at very short distances away from me. Very unusual.

This is the same "test area" I fly in after a new firmware upgrade to any and all my drones. Nice and wide open, no interference, basically as ideal a place to fly as there is. My Ipad Mini 4 as mentioned is new, It only has the basic apps that comes with the Ipad Mini plus the Go App and Go App 4. Used the standard Go app to fly the Inspire...

My UAV forecast app showed the Kp index to be very low and the overall status showed it was good to fly.

I'll be keeping my eye on this...

Hey guys I'm in the same boat as you guys. I have my inspire to a buddy of mine and he got a chance to fly it using android setup and he claimed there was no issue. I'm going to purchase a new iPad cable and try again. If it still persists then the iPad upgrade could be the culprit. I plan on doing this test in a couple of days. I'll post my results.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Hey guys I'm in the same boat as you guys. I have my inspire to a buddy of mine and he got a chance to fly it using android setup and he claimed there was no issue. I'm going to purchase a new iPad cable and try again. If it still persists then the iPad upgrade could be the culprit. I plan on doing this test in a couple of days. I'll post my results.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots
The iPad could be the issue but I'm struggling with all the crazy messages:
The GO app shows 5 bars HD and 5 bars Remote but indicates radio interference in the sub menu. I don't understand how those 3 messages relate to each other, nor why the interference is not reflected in the signal quality top menus! Something is not right about the info displayed. If there is interference why 5 bars!?
Re-seating the camera sometimes helps.
Yesterday in cold weather I got the message "No image..." black screen and zero telemetry, but the gimbal remote displayed a live picture! When I shutdown the pilot remote and restarted the iPad the image worked.
Even after this minor success the video was laggy, dropping out at critical camera moves and basically ruining my shoot.
Not sure if the problem is the iPad, the x3 or the remote but looking at the x3 update as the primary culprit at the moment.
Very frustrated!

Looks like I figured it out.
I got frustrated enough after replacing the apple USB cable uninstalled and installed the go ap and checking connections in the radio controller.
The solution! I reset my iPad mini2 back to factory settings. I installed the go ap and to my surprise it worked perfectly. It's been about 3 weeks and still working great. Hopefully it will help you too.

Looks like I figured it out.
I got frustrated enough after replacing the apple USB cable uninstalled and installed the go ap and checking connections in the radio controller.
The solution! I reset my iPad mini2 back to factory settings. I installed the go ap and to my surprise it worked perfectly. It's been about 3 weeks and still working great. Hopefully it will help you too.
I bought an iPad Air 2 and fresh installed everything. Great screen but still getting the intermittent video drop outs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla