Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Big Lesson Learned

Reaction score
Sad story and very lucky!
My initial test flight around my house which is an open area surrounded by tall trees was a huge eye opener. I got cocky and excited and got disoriented in my flight and got into the trees. The Inspire had no fault in this but as a result the unit tumbled to the ground and damaged one of the exterior carbon fiber structural tubes. If it had ben damaged just a bit more I would of had to of sent it in for repair. Fortunately I was able to make temporary repairs with some epoxy which will be followed with some new carbon fiber weave (same process used on carbon fiber bike repair). Everything is aligned and another flight was performed to verify performance.
I was used to being a bit more lax with the Phantom II's I have as they are more robust when it come to pilot error. My point is that the Inspire 1 is a professional model and it is expected not to make errors! I suppose in my excitement of flying this wonderful machine I lost it. It reminds me of the lotto winner that went and bought a expensive sports car and crashed in less than 10 miles of driving. I have a much more respectful manner about the Inspire 1 now. I am embarrassed about this but felt it might help another new owner! Thanks.
What a machine, I am so impressed with it vs. my Phantom II's.

The Shadow

Reactions: damoncooper
Lesson learned and I am not going to put a meme about your experience.

Not.

838ab9f9b3ebe0a9d40765b963cd49e51bf729c27f3900d30ac887a833cacb73.jpg

BTW. Welcome :)

Sad story and very lucky!
My initial test flight around my house ..... I got cocky and excited and got disoriented in my flight and got into the trees.
Welcome to the Inspire 1. You are correct can initially give that over confidence feeling. I managed to write off a set of blades by flying too close to shed door on an early flight. I learned my lesson.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry