Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bird attack !!! How to prevent ? For i1

Had a bald eagle tail my Ebee the other day. The flew together for longer than I would have liked but the Eagle seemed more interested in it than agressive towards it. If it had not been towards the end of a 45 min mapping mission I would have pulled it and waited but the two just flying wing/wing for about 5 mins.

Here is a photograph of what I have found to work(for me anyway!)

Fingers crossed this doesn't jinx it.

As state previously it is just enough to break up the "seagull" white and black look the inspire gives off. From above the three orange markings give off a man made/not natural look.

Thats my take on it anyway.

HTH

Attachments

• Inspire Anti Bird.jpg
    Inspire Anti Bird.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: The Editor
Here is a photograph of what I have found to work(for me anyway!)

Fingers crossed this doesn't jinx it.

As state previously it is just enough to break up the "seagull" white and black look the inspire gives off. From above the three orange markings give off a man made/not natural look.

Thats my take on it anyway.

HTH
Ahhhhhh....thanks. When you said leg I thought you meant on each of the four landing legs/feet. - I was having a senior moment (actually I was trying to get port forwarding working on a new router and it was doing brain in :p).
I'm going to give that a try as I have a shoot next week a few hundred yards from a beach........There's gonna be them **** seagulls there! :mad:

Ahhhhhh....thanks. When you said leg I thought you meant on each of the four landing legs/feet. - I was having a senior moment (actually I was trying to get port forwarding working on a new router and it was doing brain in :p).
I'm going to give that a try as I have a shoot next week a few hundred yards from a beach........There's gonna be them **** seagulls there! :mad:

Did the coloured tape help?

Whilst I haven’t suffered a bird strike yet, I do seem to get a lot of interest from birds on almost every job I do...

... but please don’t tell the wife [emoji23]

Did the coloured tape help?

Whilst I haven’t suffered a bird strike yet, I do seem to get a lot of interest from birds on almost every job I do...

... but please don’t tell the wife [emoji23]
It certainly did. The feathered variety seem far less willing to engage with a UAV displaying fluorescent tape.

I cannot comment on the non feathered variety. :cool:

Reactions: axelz and MrTVR

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips