Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Black Edition Arrived Today

Resonance isn't something you can see easily with the naked eye but it can cause vibrations at certain speeds that can adversely affect the props, airframe and cause artifacting in aerial video. Properly engineered hubs can limit resonance and its transfer to the airframe.
Thanks for the info on resonance. Going along that line, how much R&D has LP done on those prop adapters to specifically address the resonance issue? I don't see any write up on this on the Rise Above website that specifically sells the LP Prop Adapter+14" T-Motor props, albeit at a rather pricey premium.

Thanks for the info on resonance. Going along that line, how much R&D has LP done on those prop adapters to specifically address the resonance issue?

He went through three versions as I understand it to settle on the current design. He had a group of beta testers and a few engineers over 8 months working on it last year.

He went through three versions as I understand it to settle on the current design. He had a group of beta testers and a few engineers over 8 months working on it last year.
Would you happen to have any links or point me to any info on the testing? I would think it would be an important unique selling point to list for these adapters if it is a big issue to have spent the time and resources to research and test it, but I did not see any info on their website that their prop adapters addresses the resonance issue. Not doubting you and please pardon my ignorance or scepticism. I just need more information to decide on these $200 LP prop adapters when others seem to be flying fine without them.

Would you happen to have any links or point me to any info on the testing? I would think it would be an important unique selling point to list for these adapters if it is a big issue to have spent the time and resources to research and test it, but I did not see any info on their website that their prop adapters addresses the resonance issue. Not doubting you and please pardon my ignorance or scepticism. I just need more information to decide on these $200 LP prop adapters when others seem to be flying fine without them.

No, sorry. Why don't you contact them directly?

Reactions: FlyHighUSA
Hi Damon , one thing that kept my eyes , the material of the arms they looks different , can you explain this?

Yes the carbon fiber weave is a much more uniform pattern.

My white v1 has a kind of patchwork pattern that has texture to touch.

The carbon fiber on the this new one though is uniform and glass-smooth to touch.

Yes the carbon fiber weave is a much more uniform pattern.

My white v1 has a kind of patchwork pattern that has texture to touch.

The carbon fiber on the this new one though is uniform and glass-smooth to touch.
Really does look great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: damoncooper
Hi Damon, your black bird is looking completely awesome mate! :p

Quick question: looks like you've got the external batteries onboard already but the stock black battery isn't wired yet? Or have you done a mod to attach the externals directly to the bird?

Cheers buddy

Reactions: damoncooper
Hi Damon, your black bird is looking completely awesome mate! :p

Quick question: looks like you've got the external batteries onboard already but the stock black battery isn't wired yet? Or have you done a mod to attach the externals directly to the bird?

Cheers buddy

Correct. I have 7 new black edition batteries inbound and when they arrive the 4 TB48's are going straight out for modification to Tom Parker. Going to use all-black XT60 connectors and wire.

Reactions: Jacky Poon
Correct. I have 7 new black edition batteries inbound and when they arrive the 4 TB48's are going straight out for modification to Tom Parker. Going to use all-black XT60 connectors and wire.
Yesss sounds sweet buddy!

Although IMO I would prefer having the external batteries connecting straight to the AC instead of DIYing each battery... if you know any real solution to that please do let me know!! ;)

Yesss sounds sweet buddy!

Although IMO I would prefer having the external batteries connecting straight to the AC instead of DIYing each battery... if you know any real solution to that please do let me know!! ;)

Working on that as a side project, yeah.

I have a guy who will mod my Tb48's. Does great work, saves me the hassle. $75/each.

Working on that as a side project, yeah.

I have a guy who will mod my Tb48's. Does great work, saves me the hassle. $75/each.
Is tais guy can buy for me 4 TB48, make the mod and send them to me in France? I am ready to pay as much as it cost.
Thanks

Is tais guy can buy for me 4 TB48, make the mod and send them to me in France? I am ready to pay as much as it cost.
Thanks

If you don't feel like doing the modification yourself, there are companies out there now that will do it for you for a fee, usually in the $75/battery range. I am aware of these two, ping me if you know of others and I can add them here:

In the US:

Inspire 1 Power Mod - Midwest Horizon FPV Antennas

In the UK:

Inspire 1 3 Power Mod V2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars