Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Black screen after photo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can stop the app momentarily showing a black screen just after shooting an image? It's really annoying if you are tracking something and you have to wait for the image to come back.

Does anyone know if I can stop the app momentarily showing a black screen just after shooting an image? It's really annoying if you are tracking something and you have to wait for the image to come back.
No, you cannot.
It is the delay while the image is read off the sensor and file written to the card.

No, you cannot.
It is the delay while the image is read off the sensor and file written to the card.

Thanks for the reply.
To be honest though I don't think it is that otherwise you would have similar things happening when the video is written to the card. I think it is a bad design to make us feel we are taking a picture with the faux shutter sound. To replicate the mirror flipping up on an Slr. Really annoying though. Hopefully they will enable a switch off in further updates.

Thanks for the reply.
To be honest though I don't think it is that otherwise you would have similar things happening when the video is written to the card. I think it is a bad design to make us feel we are taking a picture with the faux shutter sound. To replicate the mirror flipping up on an Slr. Really annoying though. Hopefully they will enable a switch off in further updates.
DNG's take longer to write to the card and do not utilise the hardware H264 encoder.
Jpegs, although not so processor intensive again do not utilise the speed of the encoder.
Additionally, video is not writing full frames of information and therefore is faster.

Oh I see. Thanks. So if you just shoot jpgs you don't get the black screen?
No, you still get the black screen (maybe not quite as long). You will see the shutter button circulate while it writes the file.
Video is not writing complete frames each time but simply the difference in movement between i-frames and so is writing much less information. It is pumped through a dedicated encoding chip and therefore can be written in near enough real time.

Thanks. When I shoot on a Canon 5d the screen doesn't go blank at all and that is a much larger file.
Do you think this could be rectified on future firmwares?

Thanks. When I shoot on a Canon 5d the screen doesn't go blank at all and that is a much larger file.
Do you think this could be rectified on future firmwares?
But it's not sending a 720p live FPV video feed simultaneously to a groundstation along with telemtry over a two way link over 2.4ghz in a compressed data stream!
I cannot see this changing via firmware - it is not an issue that is anywhere near the top of the pile. In fact, it's not even in the pile.

Reactions: Farlap and gruvpix
I had the same when I got the X5 and its also on my X5R. What I noticed is that if you take a burst its only the first photo you really get a delay. Now this I noticed on the X5R but I guess its the same on the X5. I also see this when switching between film and photo modes but thats more to be expected. I just thought of if this is also on the Osmo but its at the office so need to test that over the weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669