Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Blocking the GO App

Reaction score
Ever wonder what your GO app really connects to on the Internet when you run it? One user used Wireshark to find out using the GO iOS app (2.5.1). With the coming GEO fencing implementation, this is worth a read.

He installed a device firewall to block all unnecessary communication between the GO app and the outside world and has flown 10 flights so far with no issues and full access to the maps. (Note you need to Jailbreak your device to install a firewall app (i.e. from Cydia like Firewall IP) that filters all app traffic to do this.)

These are all the connections the app tries to make (outside of those you need for maps).

•mydjiflight.dji.com

•newrelic.com - app analytics

•djistatic.com

•flurry.com - Mobile analytics company

•conf.international.baidu.com

•baidu.com

•qbox.me (via qbox.wscdns.com)

•upgrade.dj2006.net

•pingma.qq.com

•u.dji.com

•acbe.aasky.net -type this one in a browser for a nice scare.

•tpns.qq.com

•dds.dji.com

•pilotv2.djivideos.com

•active.dji.com

•m.dji.com

•djicdn.com

www.skypixel.com

•djiexplore.com

•flysafe-api.dji.com - LOL registered to Perfect Privacy LLC

You can block these by using the pure domains but listed them for completeness.

Reactions: DamesNY
Ever wonder what your GO app really connects to on the Internet when you run it? One user used Wireshark to find out using the GO iOS app (2.5.1). With the coming GEO fencing implementation, this is worth a read.

He installed a device firewall to block all unnecessary communication between the GO app and the outside world and has flown 10 flights so far with no issues and full access to the maps. (Note you need to Jailbreak your device to install a firewall app (i.e. from Cydia like Firewall IP) that filters all app traffic to do this.)

These are all the connections the app tries to make (outside of those you need for maps).

•mydjiflight.dji.com

•newrelic.com - app analytics

•djistatic.com

•flurry.com - Mobile analytics company

•conf.international.baidu.com

•baidu.com

•qbox.me (via qbox.wscdns.com)

•upgrade.dj2006.net

•pingma.qq.com

•u.dji.com

•acbe.aasky.net -type this one in a browser for a nice scare.

•tpns.qq.com

•dds.dji.com

•pilotv2.djivideos.com

•active.dji.com

•m.dji.com

•djicdn.com

www.skypixel.com

•djiexplore.com

•flysafe-api.dji.com - LOL registered to Perfect Privacy LLC

You can block these by using the pure domains but listed them for completeness.
Very interesting, thanks Damon.
I was wondering on this very subject literally around two days ago. I was looking into limiting access to the internet for Go but figured maps would be restricted.

Reactions: damoncooper
Do you know if the restrictions on the iPad limits the site thru all apps (ie locks it down for the device) or only for site access thru Safari?

Do you know if the restrictions on the iPad limits the site thru all apps (ie locks it down for the device) or only for site access thru Safari?

It only blocks Safari traffic (and likely apps using the built in Web browser object as well).

With iOS Safari restrictions enabled I was able to load GO, sync my flights, browse the map etc. So unfortunately that doesn't look like a viable way to block the GO app.

It only blocks Safari traffic (and likely apps using the built in Web browser object as well).

With iOS Safari restrictions enabled I was able to load GO, sync my flights, browse the map etc. So unfortunately that doesn't look like a viable way to block the GO app.
Will have to look for another method I guess.

Will have to look for another method I guess.

There seem to be VPN-based apps in the App Store that block and log external traffic, acting like a local firewall but most use an external service and cost $$. The free ones appear to log your usage and sell it to 3rd parties :)

Delete Go and use Litchi
I haven't looked but in Litchi can you
  • Calibrate the IMU
  • Calibrate the compass (although there is a manual way to do this)
  • Check mod values
  • Look at the 2.4ghz channel noise
  • Change transmission channel
  • Calibrate gimbal
  • Alter camera resolution and frame rates
  • Change gimbal mode
  • Check individual cell voltages and battery temp
I don't know the answers to the above as I have never loaded Litchi nor do I intend to but I would consider the above info/facilities vital.

I haven't looked but in Litchi can you
  • Calibrate the IMU
  • Calibrate the compass (although there is a manual way to do this)
  • Check mod values
  • Look at the 2.4ghz channel noise
  • Change transmission channel
  • Calibrate gimbal
  • Alter camera resolution and frame rates
  • Change gimbal mode
  • Check individual cell voltages and battery temp
I don't know the answers to the above as I have never loaded Litchi nor do I intend to but I would consider the above info/facilities vital.
You can calibrate camera, compass, but not most vitals like sensors and IMU. I'm an Android fan although I do have an Air2 and Mini, and Litchi works best now on android. Litchi does have all 32 channels and you can set them manually thru the app. When I want to check sensors or imu or set gains, I use my phone or Air2, then fly with my Nvidia Sheild using only Litchi. Works for me.

Reactions: The Editor
I ask this respectfully, what does it matter what the Go app connects to?

With Geo fencing coming and the real possibility of forced updates in the future, being able to disable call home functionality seems prudent for flyers who don't want to be surprised.

In addition - it's worth noting that these connections raise privacy and security questions that we will likely never get straight answers to.

My personal home firewall blocks upwards of 300 attacks from Chinese based IPs daily.

Chinese government backed hacker groups have infiltrated virtually every major federal government organization and agency in the US and Great Britain, as well as virtually every major corporation to steal information, copy and destroy.

It's good to practice safe computing.

Last edited:
With Geo fencing coming and the real possibility of force updates in the future being able to disable call home functionality seems prudent for flyers who don't want to be surprised.

In addition it's worth noting that these connections raise privacy and security questions that we will likely never get straight answers to.

My personal home firewall blocks upwards of 300 attacks from Chinese based IPs daily.

Chinese government backed hacker groups have infiltrated virtually every major federal government organization and agency in the US and Great Britain, as well as virtually every major corporation to steal information, copy and destroy.

It's good to practice safe computing.

Thanks for the reply. Is there a reason other than maps to connect the inspire to the internet assuming you were happy with all the firm and software!

Thanks for the reply. Is there a reason other than maps to connect the inspire to the internet assuming you were happy with all the firm and software!

There is the social media stuff in the app, and the ability to upload your flight logs. Neither of which are critical, IMO.

Reactions: SanCap
Yup - absolutely no need for the FaceSpace or PooTube rubbish.
One thing we don't know however is whether DJI GO if deprived of internet access will effectively lock out if a call home can't be made after a pre set time.
I have licenced software on my PC that does this. When the software is started, it phones home to check the licence. If it cannot access the server, no problem, it retries on occassions but does not limit or stop the software running. However, if a period of 28 days passes with no access to home, it stops until validation can be obtained again.
I hope the Go app doesn't act this way but I wouldn't mind betting nobody has gone a month without letting it connect so we do not know.

Reactions: SanCap
Yup - absolutely no need for the FaceSpace or PooTube rubbish.
One thing we don't know however is whether DJI GO if deprived of internet access will effectively lock out if a call home can't be made after a pre set time.
I have licenced software on my PC that does this. When the software is started, it phones home to check the licence. If it cannot access the server, no problem, it retries on occassions but does not limit or stop the software running. However, if a period of 28 days passes with no access to home, it stops until validation can be obtained again.
I hope the Go app doesn't act this way but I wouldn't mind betting nobody has gone a month without letting it connect so we do not know.

Only one way to find out! :)

(heads to jailbreak his iPad Minis..........)

Reactions: The Editor
SSH/iFile are your friends in Jailbreak atmosphere. Like any operating systems be careful tinkering[emoji6]!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix