Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Blocking the GO App

I don't know if this is a useful anecdote, but I've flown with an ipad that doesn't have a wifi or cellular access. It wasn't a problem.

It wasn't an activation issue. My iPad doesn't have cellular and I didn't have wifi around. Admittedly, it appeared that the app had already downloaded NFZ's, but you don't have to have any map data or connection to fly.

It wasn't an activation issue. My iPad doesn't have cellular and I didn't have wifi around. Admittedly, it appeared that the app had already downloaded NFZ's, but you don't have to have any map data or connection to fly.
No sorry, I mean how long have you gone without turning WiFi on for any period?
One week, two weeks, longer etc?
You absolutely do not need any WiFi or cell connection to fly but we are trying to ascertain whether the Go App 'phones home' occasionally in the background (even when not running) and if it does not get a poll from DJI it will lock out after say a month or more.
The thing is I doubt anyone has ever gone longer than a few days without their tablet having access to data somewhere somehow so that would start the clock ticking again.

No, it was just a couple of days. And as I said, even though I didn't have any map info coming from maps, I did notice that it still had NFZ's marked in the app. I'm guessing everybody already knew that, though. Wish I could add something useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm