Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Blurry edge on all photos

Reaction score
I have blurry edges on both video and stills. Shooting ISO100 with Olympus 9-18mm on Kingston U1 card. Have contacted DJI today so still still no answer.

Anything similar out there?

Attachments

• 17353259_10211295398395073_7919334732838260706_n.jpg
    17353259_10211295398395073_7919334732838260706_n.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 72
yes it´s the same! My dealer and DJI has acknowledged it as an obvious error and the drone and the camera will shipped (for free) tomorrow to a DJI workshop in the Netherlands for "repair".

I only use SD card so cannot try it out on SSD.

does it also appear when you take DNG Raw photos, or just on the Jpeg's, and can you try another sd card?

If it appears on all SD cards, and on jpeg and dng raw photos (and most video) then there's a fault with either the image sensor array itself, or with some memory chip in the on-board image processing pipeline. That isn't acceptable and should be repaired by DJI as a fault! o_O:mad:

It just has been away for 4 weeks "repaired" at DJI in the Netherlands without success. DJI repair sucks. No matter if I transmit a signal to the iPad, shoot jpg, dng, video, the error is there...

Hej Frank,

if its not fixed, Send it back again - if it has to go back to NL repair centre then I'd enclose some printouts of the problems with the problem areas circled in red and zoomed in on. That way they might understand what the issue is :(

Not sure of your consumer/business purchase laws in CPH, but you may want to talk to your dealer to see if the problem lies with the camera, or with the image processor on the Inspire... and to have whichever bit is faulty exchanged as dead on arrival...

The problem is related to my lens and it is not an DJI error. My dealer and I did a test with another lens and it worked fine:)

Reactions: NickU
I also have this problem with the 9-18mm Olympus. However in an old version of the firmware on the DJI Go 4 app there was a 'enhance edge' setting in the camera menu which when you turned off the issue was solved. That option isn't available in the new firmware and it seems any edge enhancement is being automatically applied which is causing this issue down the sides. Very annoying and would appreciate if anyone else has managed to solve this issue either with DJI or with their dealer?

I also have this problem with the 9-18mm Olympus. However in an old version of the firmware on the DJI Go 4 app there was a 'enhance edge' setting in the camera menu which when you turned off the issue was solved. That option isn't available in the new firmware and it seems any edge enhancement is being automatically applied which is causing this issue down the sides. Very annoying and would appreciate if anyone else has managed to solve this issue either with DJI or with their dealer?

I saw the same issue when I used the 9-18mm lens.

My drone has been with DJI in Holland. Tested with another lens and it seems that the edge error is related to the this lens only...don´t know what to do now:-(

Try shooting at different aperture settings with your lens. Do a test and shoot at every F stop. Most lenses have a sweet spot in the middle of the aperture range. Keep an eye out for softness over the whole image at the highest aperture settings. Plus, certain zoom positions may be worse than others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen