Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Brand new Inspire 1 with controller constantly beeping...

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by inspireme2, Jul 17, 2015.

1. inspireme2

Okay, just got my Inspire 1, charged up the controller and the main battery. I turn on the controller and it's constantly beeping with the red light flashing.

what am I doing wrong already? I sure hope this isn't a sign of many things to come...

2. Gregg G

3. Gregg G

Is the controller set to main or slave in the pilot app? shud be on main....

4. inspireme2

okay, I figured it out. Apparently the RC needed to be calibrated. I look in the manual under the RC blinking light status section and it didn't say anything about the constant beeping sound. so much for good instructions from the manual.

thanks for replying....

5. Aviator

Actually it does state the beeping sound as 'D-D-D......' on page 32 of the Inspire 1 User Manual.

6. Gregg G

make sure you do the firmware upgrade, on inspire and the radio. Then calibrate the compass and imu before you fly. Even though the imu check says its okay, calibrate it anyway.

7. inspireme2

check. I just did the IMU calibration and I'm about to fly her for the first time. My heart is racing super fast. I'm so terrified of something going wrong with my newly purchased $3K item. I was going to return my Phantom 3 Pro but I don't think I'm gonna do that just yet.

8. Mark Kibbe

You mentioned, "Apparently the RC needed to be calibrated" to stop the beeping. How do you do that? Your not talking about the compass calibration when you rotate 360, then flip 90 degrees and rotate again are you? Relatively new to this...

9. inspireme2

No. I had to calibrate both sticks on the controller through the app on my tablet. There's a RC calibrate option within the app.

Mark Kibbe likes this.