Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Brand new Inspire Pro, range problems again.

Reaction score
After the disaster with my V2, I bought a brand new Inspire Pro, which comes with latest Remote C model.

So after some excitement, its back to disappointments. On the open, over water and no interference at all, I hardly get 1,000m of range before loosing RC and video. Its supposed to be 3,500 m.

Odd thing is, it doesn't cut gradually like it used to in older Inspires or P3s, but from one second to the next and it stays like that, screen black, no telemetry. It then comes back with RTH, and only after around 300m close to take off point, it gradually appears again.

Tried in different locations, same result.

After the disaster with my V2, I bought a brand new Inspire Pro, which comes with latest Remote C model.

So after some excitement, its back to disappointments. On the open, over water and no interference at all, I hardly get 1,000m of range before loosing RC and video. Its supposed to be 3,500 m.

Odd thing is, it doesn't cut gradually like it used to in older Inspires or P3s, but from one second to the next and it stays like that, screen black, no telemetry. It then comes back with RTH, and only after around 300m close to take off point, it gradually appears again.

Tried in different locations, same result.
I have a signal booster aluminium deflector this appears to work well, sorted my poor range issues for little cost.

This is not the standard, there has to be something going on. Although it is possible you could have gotten 2 bad birds. I recently received an Inspire Pro for a customer of mine and upon testing it found it to loose signal at about 1200 meters. Since I fly aDJI Inspire pro everyday I knew this was not right as I fly out to 3k all the time with mine with no mods. When you say you tried different areas, how much distance between test areas? The reason I ask that is I was flying in an area recently that I was getting bad range and I had to move a few miles to get out of the problem area. I'm still not sure what was causing it but it scared me. As I said before, at my normal area I am getting at least 3k with new with no problems. Is there anybody you know that you could have fly in your are to do another independent test. Would be interesting. I hope you get some answers soon. Sorry I can't help more. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg