Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Burning Man 2016 Man Burn and full festival video from an Inspire 1

Reaction score
My wife and I were fortunate enough to get a flight in while the man was burning at this years Burning Man. We were 1 of 30 pilots allowed to fly this year.

We are editing a full video with all the art pieces that we captured. We should have that released in the next day or so. I'll post it on here for everyone to get a look at.

ON TO THE VIDEO!

Constructive criticism: too long. To the non-Burners like me, this is at best a 2-minute edit, maybe less. Also, what happened to the point of ignition? It blacks out at that point.

I look forward to the full video.

We are thankful that we were given the opportunity to fly again at this year's Burning Man Festival, DaVinci's Workshop. Our shots include mutant vehicles, The Space Whale, Black Rock Lighthouse Service, The Temple, The Man and many more. We love to be able to give back to the community by capturing these beautiful art pieces. Hope you enjoy the video and feel free to share! )˚(

Constructive criticism: too long. To the non-Burners like me, this is at best a 2-minute edit, maybe less. Also, what happened to the point of ignition? It blacks out at that point.

I look forward to the full video.

2:56/57 is the point that the pyro team wanted the man to start burning. That would be your point of ignition. But, as in the previous 5 years, the man has caught on fire early, due to the fireworks. The reason for the black out is because we stopped to take a few photos of what was going on. In the time it took us to snap 7-10 photos, the fire had consumed what you see in the last clip of it just totally engulfed in flames.

Agree with above... Full edit might make it more interesting. I also try to utilize ground base cameras as well.... I find just aerial footage to gets boring

We do a lot of work with a specific team that does only ground work, but they did not make it to the burn this year. We have also been looking in to a few different DSLR's and lenses to also add our own aspect to our ground footage. I know there is an Osmo in our very near future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah