Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Buzzing Remote Controller

Not sure I'm hearing the problem on your video, but there is a cooling fan in the I2 remote, could that be what is 'buzzing'?

Entirely possible that's what it is. The sound should be very obvious in the video and that's why I turn off the radio in the video as well, so you can hear the buzzing go away. It winds down so it probably is the fan. Just hope it isn't too much of a hassle to get replaced (who am I kidding?).

That's actually a vibration motor... it's a warning on the go app as well, it beeps if the sound is on the tablet.

I don't think so because my other radio doesn't do this and this buzz isn't present when the radio is first turned on. It gradually fades in after a while, as if it's warming up, and then just becomes constant. And the radio doesn't vibrate. I felt that vibration earlier today when I was test flying. But I'll check the app anyway.

It's not a setting, but I've opened the remote, and I started getting the vibration warnings after the update.

It's the fan, I have it, everyone has it, plus if you rotate the controller it will buzz twice as loud so it's from something spinning. It's 100% The fan, it's normal, nothing to worry about.

Fan totally makes sense - that's what it sounds like but I paid way too much $$$ for this setup to have a major component with an annoying buzzing fan. And I ain't no engineer but I'd be willing to bet that a radio without a buzzing fan has potential for a longer life than one with buzzing. I'll buy that practically speaking it's nothing to worry about but it ain't normal.

Fan totally makes sense - that's what it sounds like but I paid way too much $$$ for this setup to have a major component with an annoying buzzing fan. And I ain't no engineer but I'd be willing to bet that a radio without a buzzing fan has potential for a longer life than one with buzzing. I'll buy that practically speaking it's nothing to worry about but it ain't normal.

I agree but I also think that a fancy controller has more potential for longer lifespan with proper cooling than one without, I had Inspire 1 remote heat up noticeably when flying back to back with 6 batteries. Small fans buzz, just like the one in all DJI drones.

a85c4518b4750fc44ebc2a02ca965feb.jpg

They packed a ton of crap into these remotes!

Could be if it's constant, it's a super slim 1x1 processor fan, you can see the heat sink behind the remote, and the heat pads on the right side of the board there.

Well, that was an informative photo!

I cracked into my P4 remote (GL300C) to have a peek and it's considerably different. No fan I saw, and lot more open space. So the boxes are different even though they look alike.

When I decide to get an I2, I'll be busting into that remote too for some mods.

Inside-RC-GL300C-unit.jpg

Yeah, I needed better penetration with some areas I work in, and I could buy three of these remotes with one job, so I took a chance.

That said... there's some pretty hefty processing going on inside the remote of these things compared to even the I1.

I agree but I also think that a fancy controller has more potential for longer lifespan with proper cooling than one without, I had Inspire 1 remote heat up noticeably when flying back to back with 6 batteries. Small fans buzz, just like the one in all DJI drones.
I'd call the fan in the AC a little more than a buzz, lol.

Oh, I coined the term "Breakware" for the DJI firmware updates. :(

Wish I could find a way to turn off any update notices from DJI in GO. Just raises my blood pressure as something always seems to go wrong. My iPad Air 2 is suffering video lag now since last update. Swell.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
Yeah, I don't have any work with it for a few months, so I jumped on it to help sorting out the bugs quickly because so many won't update now.

DJI will say... "not everyone has these issues" while forgetting that most are still more than one version behind.

I have had absolutely no problems with the latest update of the I2 or the R/C or the Go 4 app.
You sure your gimbal isn't more noisy than before? If it makes ANY yaw noise, it's got an issue... it's quiet on startup calibration, but noisy after, and they say "normal"....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla