Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK CAA Commercial Medical Requirements

Reaction score
Hi i'm looking for some advice, I am looking to apply to the CAA for a drone commercial licence. Can someone tell me about any medical requirements the CAA have stipulated?

I did the RPQS course and it was suggested that the requirements of the National Private Pilot Medical Declaration should be adhered to.

Thanks for replying. It was only suggested, not stated as a CAA regulation?
Correct - there is no stipulation or regulation appertaining to UAV PfCO from the CAA.
There will be a declaration within your ops manual however, stating you (and any crew/observer) are fit to undertake any mission together with emergency procedures in the event of incapacitation of the pilot.

Correct - there is no stipulation or regulation appertaining to UAV PfCO from the CAA.
There will be a declaration within your ops manual however, stating you (and any crew/observer) are fit to undertake any mission together with emergency procedures in the event on incapacitation of the pilot.
Thanks for the clarification about that.

You are also wise to cover pilot incapacitation in your FRCs. You never know when the worst could happen.
Agreed but FRC's are just an extension of the ops manual/checklists, which will be the most comprehensive.
The CAA never see and are not interested in FRC's don't forget. They only review and approve your ops manual.
I get your point though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin