Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK CAA PFAW Application (New) Process

Reaction score
Website
www.flyinghorseimaging.co.uk
Would be grateful for some help on this.

I completed my SRG 1320 and attached to my application email to the CAA all relevant docs which was sent off on 19 June:

1. I noticed today on checking my account that no fees had yet been taken from by credit card. Does the CAA do this only once having processed the application?
  2. How does the PFAW arrive? By snail mail or email?
  3. Any idea how long applications (new) are currently taking?
Any helpful comments would be much appreciated. Thanks, Michael

Would be grateful for some help on this.

I completed my SRG 1320 and attached to my application email to the CAA all relevant docs which was sent off on 19 June:

1. I noticed today on checking my account that no fees had yet been taken from by credit card. Does the CAA do this only once having processed the application?
  2. How does the PFAW arrive? By snail mail or email?
  3. Any idea how long applications (new) are currently taking?
Any helpful comments would be much appreciated. Thanks, Michael
I have never paid by CC so can't answer the first part (I have always done internet bank transfer).
Assuming you sent all relevant documents to them including photo of your UAV(s) not larger than the regulated size etc along with your application then it should be processed in the order it is received in their offices.
However, quite recently there have been stories of initial applications taking up to 60 days for turnaround!

You will get a PDF certificate via email - no other documentation is issued.

Reactions: Michael Morris
I have never paid by CC so can't answer the first part (I have always done internet bank transfer).
Assuming you sent all relevant documents to them including photo of your UAV(s) not larger than the regulated size etc along with your application then it should be processed in the order it is received in their offices.
However, quite recently there have been stories of initial applications taking up to 60 days for turnaround!

You will get a PDF certificate via email - no other documentation is issued.
Thanks Mark thanks for your help, but 60 days!!!! had no idea that there was a regulation size for photos.

So far I have received a bland acknowledgement from the CAA as follows:

Dear Customer,

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Kind Regards

Shared Service Centre
Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House
Gatwick Airport South
West Sussex
RH6 0YR

Finally is there telephone number to call these folks to determine application status?

Thanks Mark thanks for your help, but 60 days!!!! had no idea that there was a regulation size for photos.

So far I have received a bland acknowledgement from the CAA as follows:

Dear Customer,

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Kind Regards

Shared Service Centre
Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House
Gatwick Airport South
West Sussex
RH6 0YR

Finally is there telephone number to call these folks to determine application status?
When I say regulation I mean the file can't be over a certain size. From memory I think it might be 1mb but don't quote me on that as you only have to send a photo with your initial application and not renewals.
The strange thing is I have seen some people get their PFAW in as little as 10 days but some are taking much longer.
It's a very small team who deal with them (and they recently lost a member of staff) so they do not enter into discussion re pending applications unfortunately.
I am afraid it is just a case of sit and wait......

When I say regulation I mean the file can't be over a certain size. From memory I think it might be 1mb but don't quote me on that as you only have to send a photo with your initial application and not renewals.
The strange thing is I have seen some people get their PFAW in as little as 10 days but some are taking much longer.
It's a very small team who deal with them (and they recently lost a member of staff) so they do not enter into discussion re pending applications unfortunately.
I am afraid it is just a case of sit and wait......
i guess patience is the order of the day - not one of my finest attributes. But hopefully the pretty picture on the front page of my Ops Manual will impress and expedite matters. But I doubt it! Cheers, Michael

Reactions: The Editor
Hello
I received my PFAW today, the SRG1320 was sent to them on 26/5/16 and payment from CC was taken on 14/6/16.

i only received it today as i chased them up and they sent it through, i was told it was in the batch to be sent out this week.

hope that helps

bob

Reactions: Michael Morris
CAA have it now at 90 days… Staffing issues I believe holidays…

happens every year same sort of times kids holidays etc etc

if your in the queue your in the queue

I could be wrong but then as above people are saying 60 days...

So there's a delay either way

Thanks for the info. Still waiting and waiting and waiting with diminishing patience, especially as the CAA "lost" my payment by CC which they subsequently found! Prefer to go the dentist than go through this again..lol!
It's the same every year around this time.
My renewal is in now so the CAA better pull their finger out!!! :p

Well, the PFAW has arrived! But have to tell you that I had to call the CAA twice today because they used the wrong email address when it was issue last Friday! Despite a promise to send the pdf asap today with the interlocutor's pencil breaking three times (I kid you not, they use pencils at the CAA!) nothing was received until they checked (second call) my SRG 1320 application and had wrongly copied my email address.

Good luck to you Mark with your renewal and to those about to apply, please send them some ball point pens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44