Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Calibrating table

Field calibration of the compass,when it has to be done at all, isn't too hard to do and only takes 20 seconds, but having a really level surface for doing IMU and gimbal calibration is a nice thing to have.

The one thing that bothers me a bit about the Mavic Pro is that it does NOT sit level when on a level surface given the fact that the front has leg and the back does not. It will be interesting to see if that is a source of problems or makes tilted horizons more likely.

Brian

Good for you that you've got the IMU calibration done finally right! Previously I assumed that you had the principles of setting the bird level pretty much covered. And lucky you for having her in one piece after two crashes! Indeed the gimbal rarely survives crashes, it's so delicate, BTDT. Nobody to blame for this since Inspire is already heavily taxed with such payload.

Happy flying!

IMG-20160810-WA0004.jpeg A square piece of plywood, 4 long adjustable screws/bolts as feet, bubble App or physical bubble.
That's is my IMU calibration table I use for 2 years now. Serves me well and setting up 100% level is a matter of 2 minutes. Can take along if needed (never needed IMU cal in the field though).
I made this second version that also doubles as take off pad because I made a big yellow H on it. Without the H it didn't work well :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips