Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

California Cops Lose It Over a Drone

the California Highway Patrol and the Fresno County Sheriff's Department to totally lose their cool for two straight days.

This really doesn't have that much to do with drone flight -- the video is about scrutiny of your group which the ranchers feel threatened by. I'm not taking a political stance on your cause, but find it suspicious that you post for the first time since you registered here to post this. It doesn't appear that they actually prevented you from flying, so maybe take these politics elsewhere?

Breaking News: Beef ranchers dislike animal rights activists. Go figure.

The cops didn't "lose it" in the current societal sense of the term...in that they didn't rant, rave, threaten to arrest, beat anyone up, point their guns, etc..

It did seem like they were more than a little "chummy" with the Harris dudes.

Now...all of that said, your video showed a large cattle feed operation...and, that's all. It didn't show any mistreatment or suffering...and just because people driving by smelled cows and cow poop, doesn't mean they were being mistreated.

Good thing it wasn't a dairy farm that size! Whew!

So what? Any small municipality with a large corporation is owned by that corporation. Ask Port Canaveral. Yes the police are there to harass anything that gives the impression of threatening commerce. It's how a capitalistic society works. It sucks but the alternatives are far worse.

the California Highway Patrol and the Fresno County Sheriff's Department to totally lose their cool for two straight days.

[/
WHAT A POINTLESS POSTING! Did I miss the part where the (very polite) cops told u not to fly the drone? This is a forum for drone fans, not animal protests... Hope the moderator deletes your post and cancel your membership.

Reactions: DesertWindAero
Considering you weren't filming critical infrastructure, weren't on private property, assuming you were flying within FAA rules and finally noting the Harris folks were a bit too chummy with the responding law enforcement personnel yea I'd personally agree there was much ado about nothing. If you had taken a high stand and filmed with telescopic lenses would there have been such a hubbub bub?
I'm glad to see American citizens with backbone standing their ground. Everyone won't like what you do, they don't have to as long as you're doing it in a legal fashion. further I disagree with a comment above stating this is not drone related. Taking pictures with drones from a public location is no different than doing the same from aircraft or any other perch. It's just newer tech.

This really doesn't have that much to do with drone flight -- the video is about scrutiny of your group which the ranchers feel threatened by. I'm not taking a political stance on your cause, but find it suspicious that you post for the first time since you registered here to post this. It doesn't appear that they actually prevented you from flying, so maybe take these politics elsewhere?

Breaking News: Beef ranchers dislike animal rights activists. Go figure.
It does appear they were trying to take preventive measures to halt the flights. I'm an animal lover in the sense they taste great but last I checked scrutiny is no reason to feel threatened if you're not doing anything wrong.

Good thing it wasn't a dairy farm that size! Whew!

So what? Any small municipality with a large corporation is owned by that corporation. Ask Port Canaveral. Yes the police are there to harass anything that gives the impression of threatening commerce. It's how a capitalistic society works. It sucks but the alternatives are far worse.
Port Canaveral, water treatment plants, power generation stations etc.. are critical infrastructure, a cattle ranch maybe not so much eh!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry