Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

CALLING ALL ARIZONA COMMERCIAL OPERATORS

Reaction score
Website
www.martinezaerial.com
I have filed a petition with the office of Arizona Senator McCain to encourage the FAA to develop a process to fast track the COA and/or waiver process for commercial operators to fly within 5 miles of controlled airports. I am losing $$$ waiting for COAs (takes over 60 days), by the time the FAA approves the COA, the real estate agent has lost interest or the property has sold and or is off the market. The "new" waiver process states it will take a minimum of 90 days. In FAAspeak, that means well over 90 days.

I fully realize the some times is best to let things lay, but am not willing to sit by and let "someone else" pick up the baton. The problem is about to get much worse now, with thousands taking the part 107 test and going into business.

I am asking if you are an Arizona commercial operator (doesn't really matter if you are not in AZ but it helps) to email the senator's office at [email protected] and relay your concerns. The more emails the better chance we'll have the senator may pick up the phone and get involved. We have nothing to lose...

I have filed a petition with the office of Arizona Senator McCain to encourage the FAA to develop a process to fast track the COA and/or waiver process for commercial operators to fly within 5 miles of controlled airports. I am losing $$$ waiting for COAs (takes over 60 days), by the time the FAA approves the COA, the real estate agent has lost interest or the property has sold and or is off the market. The "new" waiver process states it will take a minimum of 90 days. In FAAspeak, that means well over 90 days.

I fully realize the some times is best to let things lay, but am not willing to sit by and let "someone else" pick up the baton. The problem is about to get much worse now, with thousands taking the part 107 test and going into business.

I am asking if you are an Arizona commercial operator (doesn't really matter if you are not in AZ but it helps) to email the senator's office at [email protected] and relay your concerns. The more emails the better chance we'll have the senator may pick up the phone and get involved. We have nothing to lose...

Here's McCain/FAA' reply, almost a year later. Essentially, "that's the way it is" and we'll do better. Waivers are still taking too long.

Attachments

• scan0010.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: Flyinghigh1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela