Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera Exposure Error

Reaction score
Hi guys, can anyone help with this error that has recently been showing on the screen for my last couple of flights.

Several times not I have been getting a warning afer flyinh for a few minutes telling me that "M Exposure Mode - Metering Disabled".

I cant see any real issues with the footage, it just concenrs me incase it a problem developing or something.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Jeff

Hi guys, can anyone help with this error that has recently been showing on the screen for my last couple of flights.

Several times not I have been getting a warning afer flyinh for a few minutes telling me that "M Exposure Mode - Metering Disabled".

I cant see any real issues with the footage, it just concenrs me incase it a problem developing or something.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
Jeff
Can you elaborate a little more on what you are running?
Firmware version for aircraft and RC
App version
iOS or Android
X3 or X5

Can you elaborate a little more on what you are running?
Firmware version for aircraft and RC
App version
iOS or Android
X3 or X5

Yea sorry about that, Insire 1 with X3 camera, latest aicraft firmware 1.4 & also latest on the Rc 1.3. Using Ipad Air. Never had a crash or hard landing. THis error has shown on the last 2 flights.

Yea sorry about that, Insire 1 with X3 camera, latest aicraft firmware 1.4 & also latest on the Rc 1.3. Using Ipad Air. Never had a crash or hard landing. THis error has shown on the last 2 flights.
OK, assuming you are running v2.3.0 of the app - if not upgrade to that, if you already are I would suggest uninstalling the app, rebooting the iPad then reinstall the app, reboot the iPad again before running it and try that.
This sound like it is more an app problem than anything else.
The other thing you could take a look at on the hardware side is the alignment of the connecting pins on the gimbal. Flip the Inspire on its head and take a VERY close look at the connection pins to make sure they are all spaced uniformly and not misaligned in any way.

Many thanks, I have the latest revision of the app, I will try your suggestions later.

Hopefully get it all sorted out. Like I said, it doesnt seem to have affected anything that I could see, I was worried incase it was a bigger fault developing.

Many thanks
Jeff

What are your camera settings? Sounds like you might be shooting manual and trying to adjust auto exposure which obviously can't be done, hence the warning?

Thanks for the reply Kilrha, I might have inadvertently nudged the exposure wheel on the controller but can't be sure. I thought you could adjust the exposure wheel in flight or is that for whilst on Auto?? I will make a point of testing it to see if that is causing the error.

Thanks for the reply Kilrha, I might have inadvertently nudged the exposure wheel on the controller but can't be sure. I thought you could adjust the exposure wheel in flight or is that for whilst on Auto?? I will make a point of testing it to see if that is causing the error.
Thinking about it...... Could you have inadvertently prodded the screen with your finger which would try and spot meter but if you were in manual mode this would not work so you may get that message?

Thinking about it...... Could you have inadvertently prodded the screen with your finger which would try and spot meter but if you were in manual mode this would not work so you may get that message?
I will try all these suggestions out, Im hopefully doing some footage later, thanks for all the help guys

I will try all these suggestions out, Im hopefully doing some footage later, thanks for all the help guys
I would suggest you to check the little fan at the back of the Cam, if it stucks it will get hoter and hoter and the real time screen will show you like the attachement, but when you check the picture on the sd card its just normal.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.PNG
    IMG_0113.PNG
    5.1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
thanks for that tcchow, haven't had the display looking like that, but I will check the fan just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry