Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Camera gimbal rotation limited... why?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by aprilmedia, Mar 5, 2015.

1. aprilmedia

I'm presuming its not just ours, but (in dual op mode at least) the gimbal will only do 2 rotations in any direction, then you have to wind it back!
    Not a problem really for most shots, but we were doing a slow spin shot facing 180 deg down as ascending above a building today and caught us out! You can get 4 rotations if you wind it 2 turns in the opposite direction and start from there!

Just thought it odd that it would be limited at all... Or maybe them Dji Geniuses have missed a trick! (or maybe I have!)

2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

It's probably because the Inspire gimbal does not have slip rings like other Zenmuse offerings have.

3. mdomeny

i opened a thread witb exact same question. :)

4. aprilmedia

That would make sense. You'd think they'd have sliprings like other Zenmuse, but maybe production cost factors I guess. Or a feature of the next model release!
    Thanks!

5. Kilrah

See the number of contacts on the gimbal connector, you won't find a slipring with that many anywhere, or it would be bigger than the whole gimbal.

Minor downside of having full manual control, HD downlink, data connection for downloading images etc I guess...