Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Camera off center?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by Eye in the sky, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Eye in the sky

Hi all,

I've been having an issue with flying since the beginning, but thought it was just me being a noob.

Whenever I would fly straight (based upon the view I was getting on my tablet, the i1 would always (and I do mean always) drift off center. I recalibrated the sticks, did an imu calibration and nothing helped.
    Yesterday, I was looking at the front of the i1 while in flight just above me and I noticed that the camera seems to sit off center. When I have the i1 facing the exact direction I want, the image I get looks as if the inspire is aimed off to the right. If I fly that way, the i1 goes straight, but the video is off center.

I currently have the c1 button set to bring the camera back to center, but that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Thanks all.

2. Carlo

I have read allot of people in the forums have reported the same thing, not saying its your issue but I noticed after some firmware update my horizon is slightly off, I have done IMU calibration on a completely level surface ( wood table) camera calibration as well, it helped a little of bit. I am hoping for a future updated that will address the issue.

3. Eye in the sky

Hi Carlo,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue I'm having is not the same. I used to have the horizon off on a tilt, and an imu calibration basically took care of that.
    The issue I'm having is that the whole camera is sitting at an angle to the side. So, what I see is off to the side of the drone, not directly in front. Not tilted or anything, just aiming to the side by a few degrees.

4. Carlo

you will have to contact DJI Support while its still under warranty, you will probably have to send it back for repair. sorry to hear this.