Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera options

Reaction score
Hi guys.
Has anybody out there had an issue where the camera-option in the DJI app sticks on the video option, and does not move across to the photograph option when you try and drag it over?
Mine has stuck a couple of times whilst the bird is airborne, and as I I cannot go back to the site, I have to resort to poaching 'stills' from the video recording. Not really a good idea, but it had to be done for a customer.

Has anybody out there had an issue where the camera-option in the DJI app sticks on the video option, and does not move across to the photograph option when you try and drag it over?
I seldom use the Go App option for that reason as I often get frustrated with it and have the attention span of a gnat. I usually use the controller video and stills' buttons.

Hi OC. I am getting pretty old myself (my age starts with a 6 and may end with a 4) and so I am not fastest off the blocks, but I have been flying for a few years with various planes and helicopters. So my experience with the Inspire is only around 10 months now, and I have gradually eased it into some of my inspection work (only around 5% at present, which has been a big help as I now do not have to climb any structures to have a gander at the steel components to see if they are rusting).
But trying to do my normal day-job and also learn everything about the camera is quite a big job for my 'ole brain!
Please help me out here. I have pushed the buttons to bring up the menu so that I can adjust the camera settings such as ISO, shutter speed and f.stop etc, but I have never used them for switching between video and photography mode.
So is that how you do it? I must have missed something (a lot of something!) on my transmitter notes.
Any advice you can give would be most welcome.
Thanks. Rick

Hi OC. I am getting pretty old myself (my age starts with a 6 and may end with a 4) and so I am not fastest off the blocks, but I have been flying for a few years with various planes and helicopters. So my experience with the Inspire is only around 10 months now, and I have gradually eased it into some of my inspection work (only around 5% at present, which has been a big help as I now do not have to climb any structures to have a gander at the steel components to see if they are rusting).
But trying to do my normal day-job and also learn everything about the camera is quite a big job for my 'ole brain!
Please help me out here. I have pushed the buttons to bring up the menu so that I can adjust the camera settings such as ISO, shutter speed and f.stop etc, but I have never used them for switching between video and photography mode.
So is that how you do it? I must have missed something (a lot of something!) on my transmitter notes.
Any advice you can give would be most welcome.
Thanks. Rick
The video button is on the rear left of the controller with a red spot, If you want to take video just press.to start and press to stop. The shutter button is on the rear right of the controller (the one furthest left looking from the front) just press to take a still and the Go App makes the sound of a camera shutter. You don't need to switch modes, but it won't take a still whilst the video is recording. Hope this helps. The other button on the rear right lets you see what you have shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla