Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera Quality or Speed??

The question I put is what do YOU want from the modular Gimble?

• Highest Quality visuals ie. X5/R?

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Good Quality at higher Frame Capture?

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Website
www.flysafe.club
Okay having read a few threads and responses there seems to be two clear uses for the Inspire 1 Platform, the first a base for beautiful 4k visuals for productions or promotions and the second for high action sports fans who want to capture the best footage from the various events.

There is also the question of cost, X5R costs $3500 more than X5. Are you going to be able to extract that much value from the difference between the two in the limited timeframe -- i.e., before X7 comes out or whatever the next big thing is.

Reviews are always to be taken with a grain of salt and understanding of the conditions and requirements. Note that we have one and I've used it.
Bad in low light? Who cares, I want to use it outdoors in daylight.
Noisy? Much less than the X3 cam.
Average audio? Don't give a **** on an aerial application.
Heavy/bulky? Yeah right, maybe if your reference is a smartphone or gopro. And integrating it like the X5 would remove like 60% of the hardware, so not applicable.
Defects? Well that happens.

It isn't perfect, but nothing is. BUT at this point I'd put more importance on the zoom capabilities it offers than on either the X5's higher IQ (to me the X3 is "nearly" good enough, and the AX33 IS good enough, and I don't have a need for higher framerates).
So it's still my answer to the original question :)

None of the above. I want infrared with gimbal control.

But since I don't have that option I would like the faster frame rate.

My opinion on the cost is that if your business can afford to buy the camera and lenses, it will be profitable. But you would have to be a large scale corporation type business that can just throw money away. Or you would need a job contract that guarantees a certain number of events that you will attend. This way you would be profitable by securing your income.

The prices for these accessories is OUTRAGEOUS! Honestly I'm beginning to regret buying the inspire now because of the overly expensive add ons. If I was going to fly $3k of accessories I think I'd be safer with 6 or 8 props and buy $3k of professional cameras that can be used on tripods as well.

None of the above. I want infrared with gimbal control.

But since I don't have that option I would like the faster frame rate.

My opinion on the cost is that if your business can afford to buy the camera and lenses, it will be profitable. But you would have to be a large scale corporation type business that can just throw money away. Or you would need a job contract that guarantees a certain number of events that you will attend. This way you would be profitable by securing your income.

The prices for these accessories is OUTRAGEOUS! Honestly I'm beginning to regret buying the inspire now because of the overly expensive add ons. If I was going to fly $3k of accessories I think I'd be safer with 6 or 8 props and buy $3k of professional cameras that can be used on tripods as well.
Tend to agree regarding the Inspire 1 purchase now, having recently had an issue which ended in a big crunch just getting some spares is virtually impossible. This does not bode well for accepting contracts for work and trying to guarantee time scales. I'm currently looking to build a Hex from scratch instead as this is the only way I can trust the manufacturer... ie. ME.

Really not happy with DJi so would invest more in this company and would advise other to follow suit.

Tend to agree regarding the Inspire 1 purchase now, having recently had an issue which ended in a big crunch just getting some spares is virtually impossible. This does not bode well for accepting contracts for work and trying to guarantee time scales. I'm currently looking to build a Hex from scratch instead as this is the only way I can trust the manufacturer... ie. ME.

Really not happy with DJi so would invest more in this company and would advise other to follow suit.
I tend not to agree with you. It seemed to me that the Inspire 1 satisfy the requirements I had for a drone. Plus now there is both third party software and software from DJI that was not available when I read about the different drones, so now it more than ever furfill the conditions I had. One can not impose demands on a $ 3,000 drone as on a $ 10,000 drone. You cannot compare apples and bananas!

I tend not to agree with you. It seemed to me that the Inspire 1 satisfy the requirements I had for a drone. Plus now there is both third party software and software from DJI that was not available when I read about the different drones, so now it more than ever furfill the conditions I had. One can not impose demands on a $ 3,000 drone as on a $ 10,000 drone. You cannot compare apples and bananas!
I see we tend to agree to disagree ;)

But my point was the ethic of DJi, to release a product at this price point and then make promises of modular optional upgrades only to release them at such a high price seems a little cheeky.

In my own experience I'm a little annoyed at the policy to ONLY offer a return and repair solution when you have those little bumps, this means to conduct a business you need a spare drone in a box doing nothing.

The comparisons drawn between the 3k or 10k product are those drawn by the marketing at DJi so you have to forgive those users that have been duped into entering this world under false pretences. Inspire is an amazing piece of tech BUT definitely not a Professional option, the support needs to be top notch and it just isn't.

Sorry to waffle on....:p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhillisSpa